I've got another post on here but basically my wife and I have been separated and agree to divorce. However as we've not been separated 1 year I note we can't have a consensual divorce yet. We could only do that next year. A divorce on grounds of behaviour whilst I think would be justified I don't think my wife would agree.

In the meantime is there any way to stop half of everything I earn during that time being carved up during a divorce next year? I've heard of something called a deed of separation which can be used if you don't plan to get divorced yet but want to agree on finances. Could that be used?

Both of us will want to get a divorce quickly so we can move on, but I'm struggling to see how that can happen.