• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recovery from Estates - Pension Credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery from Estates - Pension Credit

I originally posted this in the Welcome forum but think maybe it should be here!

I have read previous threads on this subject but I have some more specific questions. Like others, I have been hit by one of those letters from the DWP asking for bank statements in 2003 when my mother claimed Pension Credit. She had an assessed income period and I am sure she was eligible when she applied, so it shouldn't matter if her savings increased. Similar to others' parents mentioned on here, being ill and immobile, she accumulated funds at the end of her life so that the figure on probate is higher than the original claim figure.

I believe she had a building society passbook at that time but I think it has been destroyed. Without the roll number and sort code, etc. the building society, now a bank, cannot locate this account. The account was closed so I presume it is not searchable under Missing Accounts or similar sites.

I think the other bank she was with will be able to provide a statement of her current account as at 2003.

However, without the original claim form ( why didn't I photocopy it?) I don't know if my figures will tally with the DWP's.

Others on here have said that you are within your rights to ask them for a copy of the original claim form - have they been successful in getting the DWP to give this?

I am currently in a bit of a panicky state with this tonight so would appreciate any help!!
    Tags: None

Re: Recovery from Estates - Pension Credit

Firstly sorry your loss. Please accept my condolences.

If you are the Executor or have POA or Grant of Probate etc, then I don't see why they would refuse you a copy of the original claim form, and also dates of when AIP was awarded.....and generally, all the awards and correspondences between your mother and the DWP.

I am still waiting for a reply from them with a similar request.
    I have been through this (and still am!) so just be aware this whole process can take many months.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X