• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received letter from bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received letter from bailiffs

Any advice on how to deal with the bailiffs, I received a letter today that they will visit to take my belongings.
    Tags: None

Re: Received letter from bailiffs

Need more info about what it is all about?

Comment

Hi I have joined and trying to read replies to posts regarding rossendales but I do not seem to be able to read them. How do I do it please they are from 2013 are they too old. Thank you for any help.

Sorted i I worked it out thanks
      Last edited by Susie17; 18th May 2017, 12:37:PM.

Comment

Why not post your problem and we'll try to help, click the link below to start a new thread in the Bailiff Section.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/newt...newthread&f=76

Comment

Hi thanks received capital contribution order letter from rossendales today much same as previous posts stating owe money.

Case finished last November after being on and off for about 3 years. Received 2 year unconditional no mention of any costs other than £15 to court which was paid. Solicitor or barrister mentioned nothing else.

Contact solicitor to check that no costs were awarded ? Check with court ? Still have all paperwork including all legal aid stuff and mess legal aid made in getting all that wrong, etc. Was granted legal aid and paid contribution to it.

Need to sort it but had 4 years of these threatening letters etc , 11th hour demands, jumping through hoops etc so this is just another one to me. Would be grateful for any help or advice please. Many thanks in advance.

Comment

I'll give [MENTION=26498]ploddertom[/MENTION] a nudge for you.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I have just spoken with my solicitors office who confirm that judge would have stated at time of case if other costs were being awarded or allowed. They advise to speak to rossendales to check their figures. Just checked and legal aid granted to cover costs of case for legal representation including appeal. I did have to contribute but all that was paid. The capital figure they have used is inaccurate as my son and daughter have money invested in property which is detailed by way of a trust which has trustees. This was all disclosed at the time. Naturally there is the 28 day deadline even though they have taken 6 months to come up with this - of course over worked and under resourced. Not sure how they expect the rest of us to come up with the monies that they quote in 28 days. If we had that would we have needed legal aid ��

Comment

Rossendales are only attending as a Debt Collector not as Bailiffs. Have a read of https://www.lccsa.org.uk/crown-court...bution-orders/

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                    Rossendales are only attending as a Debt Collector not as Bailiffs. Have a read of https://www.lccsa.org.uk/crown-court...bution-orders/
                    Thank you for response. I have read article and understand. However what I would like to know is the disposal capital that they are quoting includes monies belonging to my son and daughter which is all accounted for in a trust and declared at the time. Hence if asset was sold the mortgage would have to be cleared as well as this money paid back and then that would be the disposable capital I would have. Surely this is what should be being used they are not my partner so their money should not be included, same as mortgage as they all have an invested interest in the house, don't they ?

Hope someone can help. Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X