Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: help & advice gaining access to social care records?

  • Share
  • Thread Tools
  • Display
  1. #1
    lizzy24's Avatar

    Junior Member

    May 2017
    0 Post(s)

    Default help & advice gaining access to social care records?

    Hiya im new to the forum and looking and searching for some advice
    A while ago someone who hated me very much managed to get hold of my childhood social care records what contained some very in detail information about my childhood and very very personal and hurtful things about what happend to me has a child
    Not alot of people knew about this but somehow so many peole found out after this person got hold of them illegally
    I now have proff this person has these records and was directed to do a complaint through my local council which was done and nothing came of it not even an apology or explanation
    I then contacted the local gov ombudsmen
    Who stated today that since my complaint to them they have now contacted the local authorities on my behalf explaining what my complaint was, what i wanted has the outcome
    The lgo then explained to me that the local authorities are now looking into this and hope to contact me to come to some.sort of resolution and to be honest i dont understand what could be done now its gone back to the council because they wouldnt acknowledge my complaint the first time?
    This person who gained access should never have got hold of them and used these records to basically humiliate me and bully me
    I really dont what to expect from all of this
    Any advice will be very much appreciated because i have no idea what the outcome will be
    I do know that everybody offical whos been in and out of my life has said this person having the records is a really bad thing and was directed by the a police officer to take this matter further has this person gas stalked and harassed me for a few years
    Im so lost on what my rights are and what the outcome could be
    Thanks for reading

  2. #2
    marcus18's Avatar

    Junior Member

    May 2017
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: help & advice gaining access to social care records?

    I would contact your local citizens abvice who may be able to put you in touch with some proper free legal advice.

    I'd also consider contacting the information commissioner as no one else should have been able to access your personal records so the local authority may have breached guidelines

  3. #3
    Kati's Avatar

    LB Team Member

    Jun 2014
    1102 Post(s)

    Default Re: help & advice gaining access to social care records?

    @enaid ... any ideas??
    Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.

    It doesn't matter where your journey begins, so long as you begin it...

    recte agens confido


    Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

    I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is
    But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.

    Specialist advice can be sought via our sister site JustBeagle

Similar Threads

  1. Employeer wants access to my medical records
    By scwmortise in forum Employment Law & Issues
    Replies: 1
    : 5th March 2015, 07:02:AM
  2. Jobcentreplus & DWP access to medical records
    By Sparklingcider in forum Money & Debt
    Replies: 4
    : 24th September 2014, 10:38:AM
  3. Atos and many other to access your medical records
    By seduraed in forum Freedom of Information requests and responses
    Replies: 0
    : 11th February 2014, 23:28:PM
  4. advice needed re: gaining custody of my son.
    By familyguy in forum Family Law & Relationships
    Replies: 3
    : 25th October 2013, 09:57:AM
  5. New Social Care Cap (trap)
    By enaid in forum Carer's Corner
    Replies: 0
    : 11th February 2013, 07:05:AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Contact Us

© Celame (UK) Ltd 2016
Hosted by Lodge Information Services Ltd
LegalBeagles® are DPA Registered No. ZA158014
LegalBeagles® is the trading name of CELAME (UK) LIMITED ( 09220332 )
Registered Address: 25 Moorgate, London, England, EC2R 6AY
VAT registration number 206 9740 02
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Celame (UK) Ltd Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

To find out more about managing your money and getting free advice, visit the Money Advice Service,an independent service set up to help people manage their money.