Thread: Unlawful dismissal

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Unlawful dismissal

Evening all

I'm in a bit of a situation which I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some advice on.

so I started with a new company on 9th January 2017. Passed my 3 month probation period with no complaints or any issues. On the 11th May 2017, the control room manager called me and asked me if I was still planning on returning to my previous job. I advised him that this would be the case. At that point he advised me and said well don't bother coming back for your job. I think that's best for both of us n then hung up.

I've just been to the office too collect my pay cheque. They haven't paid me any notice period, annual leave, two weeks in hand as well as the 2 weeks after the cut off point.

how do I go about claiming the money back as I can't really afford a solicitor

thanks all

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Re: Unlawful dismissal

Normally holiday pay etc. is processed separately from main pay at end of contract.

Contact HR to discuss - be polite.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Re: Unlawful dismissal

I am not sure I understand that if you were working for a new company and had successfully passed your probationary period why you would confirm to your manager that you would be planning to return to your previous job? Were you on leave when you spoke with him as he asked you not to return to work?

That aside you should be paid up until your last working day, together with any accrued but untaken holiday pay, and if they have asked you not to work your notice then you should be paid in lieu of this.
    I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.