• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage sold to other bank - Without any notification, my rights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage sold to other bank - Without any notification, my rights?

Hi I had mortgage few years ago and due to sme issue with my payments to reduce term, I requested my bank to provide me subject access request and the details I’ve received shows that my mortgage has been sold to a third party bank and there are no notification or details send to me regarding this process.

I am not happy about this and wondering if there is any legal action I can take against my bank.

Thanks
    Harry
    Tags: None

Re: Mortgage sold to other bank - Without any notification, my rights?

What legal action would you want to take against the bank and why?

Most mortgage Ts & Cs allow the lender to assign the loan.

Who was your original mortgage lender and who now owns the loan or has it been redeemed?

You say you wanted to reduce the term so does that mean you wanted to increase your monthly contractual repayments, or make ad hoc overpayments which may or may not have been allowable under the Ts & Cs without penalties being applied.

A little more information would be helpful.

Di

Comment

Re: Mortgage sold to other bank - Without any notification, my rights?

Hi Diana Thanks for your reply.

I made extra payments which reduced term, I am feeling like I've been conned as I am making payments to the building society (leedS) however my mortgage has been sold to third party(will provide name later as dont have with me now) as a customer I should have been informed of this transaction.

thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X