• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi My girlfriend received a Claim Form from Arrow Global/ Restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi My girlfriend received a Claim Form from Arrow Global/ Restons

Sheregistered online and sent theAcknowledgement of Service stating her intent to defend the fullclaim.

She
    sentout a CPR31.14 request letter.

The debt seems to originate in1997 but my partner has no records or recollection of never repayinga debt.

She has had no notification or balances sent to her until this year.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Hi My girlfriend received a Claim Form from Arrow Global/ Restons

Hi Trainoid, welcome to LB.

Imho, the main content of the CPR letter is ok but it should be via CPR 31.14, not CPR 18.
    CPR Part 31 is specifically for disclosure & inspection of documents, & is used to obtain documents stated in the Particulars of Claim.
    CPR 31 - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part31
    Example letter - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ic-information
    This is sent to the Claimant's solicitor.
    No fee is required.

As the alleged debt is for a regulated credit card agreement, the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) is applicable.
    A CCA s78 request may help to protect your legal position. Non-compliance with the request after 14 working days means that the creditor (Claimant) cannot enforce the agreement unless/until they do comply.
    A fee of £1 is payable with the request. (We would suggest a postal order).
    This is sent to the Claimant.
    Example letter - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...y-of-Agreement
    A copy of this should be enclosed with the CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors for informational purposes. (No fee with this one).

It is also very useful to SAR the original creditor (NewDay Ltd) for all data held.
    A fee of £10 is normally chargeable.
    Example letter - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...quest-template
    From the NewDay website.....
    ....you can make a request by writing to Customer Services Team, NewDay Ltd., PO Box 700, Leeds LS99 2BD. A fee is payable.
    Keep copies of all correspondence & always obtain proof of posting.

Your defence, due 33 days from the claim issue date (unless they agree to the 28-day extension...see CPR 31.14 request), will need to reflect the fact that the 14 day window for CCA request compliance is pending if they have not sent documentation by then.
    Last edited by charitynjw; 15th May 2017, 02:30:AM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks I'll get on with the cca request...
      What about using a statue barred defense against the claim...we checked her credit file and there was nothing outstanding apart from this arrow default which started this year in January... there is an old Newday ltd account which was paid up but showing a later date than the one claimed with a different acc no.

Comment

Certainly, if you think that SB is possible, make mention of it in your defence statement.

The SAR should shed some light, & you may be able to obtain bank records (for a modest fee) for the relevant period.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

going to attempt to draft a defense online there is no payments or correspondence been sent from my partners end for at least 15 years, I sent the cca and the £1 fee to Arrow.
          Its all a bit confusing for me as I'm a construction worker and my girlfriend is ill at the moment with a Ulcerative Colitus flare up, so I'm trying to help her remotely after work.
          I'm going to put
          1. The Claimant is put to strict proof that the claim is not statute barred by the operation of s5 of The Limitation Act 1980 as the Defendant believes that s/he has not made payments on this account for more than 6 years

2. The Defendant contends that as this is a claim in contract and an excess of 6 years have passed since any cause of action may have accrued, any alleged debt is therefore statute barred pursuant to section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980.
          The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £xxx or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

What do you think?
          Ive got a couple of days left I think as the original claim was dated 21/4/17 I responded on her behalf on the 5/5/17 to the claim court

Comment

Is that all you're going to submit?
            Have you seen the defence example, top of this thread? (Green box).
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X