• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

make everyone pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make everyone pay

I'm new to this site, I have already put this in but I think it is in the wrong place - I live in a tenement building which was built approx. 1900 with 12 owner/occupied flats in it. We recently discovered that the roof was needing renewed, the chimneys pulled down, the gutters and d/pipes replaced etc. at first everyone was allright about paying their share.

Now that we have the estimates 2 out of the twelve are digging their heels in about paying their share. Am I right in saying that there is something in the title deeds of the house that says they have to do common repairs by law. If this is the case - how would you suggest we approach this (Scottish law).

Re: make everyone pay

Do you have a copy of the title deeds ?

Registers of Scotland Executive Agency

Thats probably the best place to begin.

Are the 2 household refusing to pay outright on principle?, or is it the amount being too high for them to manage ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Found some good info on here for you to sift through, if it doesn't help too much with the present problem, it will definately help you to make sure it doesn't happen in the future.

This section is aimed at home owners who live in a flat, tenement or apartment block. It explains how you and your neighbours can work together to keep your building well maintained, and what you should do if repair work needs to be carried out to common areas such as the roof or stairs.

Working together to maintain common areas

This content applies to Scotland only. Why is this important?
      Housing laws vary between Scotland and England. This page applies to Scotland only. Get advice relating to England

This page explains what common areas are and looks at how you and your neighbours can work together to maintain common areas of your building. This may help prevent the need for large, expensive repairs in the future.
      Contents

Comment

Thanks for all that info, some of `this has been done but the title deeds have not been checked not by myself anyway and I am presuming no-one else has when they have not said so. I was just thinking about the title deeds last night (nothing to do with this) just in general, so I should telephone my mortgage provider to check that they have them and to see if they will send me a copy (the mortgage does not end until February 2012.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X