• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with V888. Legal issues also.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with V888. Legal issues also.

OK. I`m all for taking things as far as possible. I like to have evidence and paperwork though. I think if I can get that it will help, I`m just stumbling around in the dark at the moment. I know it has happened but there is no evidence. Even though wasting more time is a pain.

- - - Updated - - -

And what`s this Action Fraud? She said the force (NYP) don`t deal with it anymore. Had a quick google but it isn`t clear whether they actually prosecute thieves.

Comment

Could you apply for a power of attorney or be administrator of the estate which will speed things up.

Comment

Originally posted by VanillaCustard View Post
        And what`s this Action Fraud? She said the force (NYP) don`t deal with it anymore. Had a quick google but it isn`t clear whether they actually prosecute thieves.
        If NYP is https://northyorkshire.police.uk/sta...-safety/fraud/

Scammers are quick to identify new ways of conning people out of their money. You must report all incidents of fraud to Action Fraud UK and not to the police. Call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or report fraud online at www.actionfraud.police.uk.
        You can also follow Action Fraud on twitter, to keep up to date on trending frauds and for more information and advice @actionfrauduk.

Theft is a different matter, though.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
          Could you apply for a power of attorney or be administrator of the estate which will speed things up.
          My mother is legally administrator of the estate, I just do it all for her as she`s 81 and would have had to get a solicitor to do all, at great cost. Already she`s paid solicitor over £2K for that probate (grant of administration) certificate.
          Plus, the big issue is the EX family have taken paperwork that we need and have been contacted by solicitor but are playing dumb.
          Last edited by VanillaCustard; 16th May 2017, 14:00:PM. Reason: added last sentence

Comment

If you know the vehicle reg no, you might get a bit of info from this.
            Worth a try......
            https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              If you know the vehicle reg no, you might get a bit of info from this.
              Worth a try......
              https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/
              I know nothing
              They (ex-step daughter) cleared everything as soon as he died. My mum didn`t even know they had got divorced until she went to the funeral.

Comment

DVLA have just confirmed (via DM on twitter) that they can`t do a search on a name and address (even though the police said DVLA would be able to because they use the same system(?))
                Looks like the helpful idea from earlier (from seduraed) regarding bank statements and tracing insurance document is the way to go.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X