• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Viagogo complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viagogo complaint

Hi, I wonder if somebody could tell me what my rights are with Viagogo. I purchased tickets for a event in November this year. Knew I'd paid well over face value but were front row seats as a gift. Tickets arrived and they are for Stalls towards the back. I informed by email straight away (no phone contact numbers are available for Viagogo unless your event is within 72 hours) finally today, two months later having messaged them 11 times I recieved these "options" from them;

You could either:
    Option #1 - Receive £65 to the payment method used when purchasing the ticket(s)

Option #2 - Receive a voucher for £75, which would be valid for a year and can be redeemed against any ticket(s)

Option #3 - You may return the ticket(s) and we will attempt to find replacement ticket(s). If you choose this, we ask that you return the tickets you have received to the following address:

Option 3 doesn't specify I will receive any form of refund. If I choose Option 2 I will be paying £85 for a ticket with a face value of £45, plus these tickets are still on general sale by the venue.

I believe in my opinion I should be given a complete refund as I have not recieved the goods I've paid for (all be it if Viagogo have been stitched up by their seller, that's there business problem) but I've no idea the legal position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Viagogo complaint

Hi and Welcome

Have you looked at their Terms and Conditions?

1.3 viagogo Guarantee. When You purchase tickets on viagogo, viagogo guarantees that You will receive the tickets You paid for in time for the event. In the rare instance that a problem arises and the original ticket Seller does not provide You with the tickets listed for sale, viagogo will, in its sole and absolute discretion, review comparably priced tickets and offer You replacement tickets at no additional cost, or viagogo will issue You a refund for the cost of the tickets. "Comparably priced" replacement tickets are determined by viagogo in its sole and absolute discretion. When You sell tickets on viagogo, provided you provide the exact tickets listed for sale and the ticket Buyer successfully gains entry to the event, viagogo guarantees that you will be paid for your sale.

Tell them they are breaching their T&Cs, and you require their agreement in writing that they will refund you the total cost, upon which you will return the tickets

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Don't hold much hope you will be successful.
        Viagogo have several very poor reviews regarding customer service.
        They are a Swiss company, based in Geneva, so I doubt it is worth even contemplating court action.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X