• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI spreadsheet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI spreadsheet

Can someone share their knowledge!

I want to claim the PPI on my post office credit card, is there a link for compound interest spreadsheet, I have read and searched the site but cant seem to get one,
    Tags: None

Re: PPI spreadsheet

I'll ask [MENTION=189]Turboman[/MENTION] for you.

Comment

Hi
      wondering did you get any links for the compound spreadsheet

thanks

Comment

Hi lizzie

I haven't seen Turbs on the forum during the last few days, but he's your man!
        [MENTION=189]Turboman[/MENTION] - Freddie Mercury was a second-rate warbler! (That should bring him out fighting, lol )
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Hi lizzie

I haven't seen Turbs on the forum during the last few days, but he's your man!
          @Turboman - Freddie Mercury was a second-rate warbler! (That should bring him out fighting, lol )

Jesus Christ we had better duck ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You bigott---Freddie was the greatest rock artist ever --- for that I sentence you to listen to this thread 100 times

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ans-everywhere

Lizzie----its not as simple as a "simple" compound interest spreadsheet--I'll post in detail later tonight
            Apologies for not replying earlier--been on Maths Sats KS2 Revision duties-lol

Comment

New it would work lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l

Comment

ahh thanks Turboman, that would be great,........(sounds like they have a good tutor)

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                  You bigott---Freddie was the greatest rock artist ever --- for that I sentence you to listen to this thread 100 times

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ans-everywhere
                  ..................1 (nearly).................
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

How many statements have you got?

Comment

Hi Lizzie

The first thing I wold like to emphasise is that when making a PPI claim—we don’t ask for a refund of a set amount—but that we claim by letter or the FOS or Bank’s standard forms

It is up to the bank to make the offer—and explain exactly how it has been calculated-in a spreadsheet if appropiate.We then can check the sums afterwards—you don’t do the sums for the bank. If unclear of how to claim—just ask.

Re the spreadsheets—for many years myself and Bill-k worked across several forums specializing in predicting PPI payouts or checking PPI offers using custom spreadsheets which we devised in Excel/Open Office/Lotus123 (I’m ex IT as you no doubt have guessed already-lol). After a while we didn’t bother with anything except Excel.

I mainly worked on Loans and Carried Forward Loans latterly, and Bill specialized in Credit Card PPI

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...I-Calculations

Re Credit Card Claiming, Bill did some really amazing work on interpreting ps 10/12

https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/policy/ps10_12.pdf
                      see Appendix 2 Example 6 on page 115 of 155

This was for many years regarded as “The Bible” in PPI Compensation—although the actual speadsheet in the FCA document had some errors within.
                      Bill produced 2 superb complex spreadsheets –one using Apportioned Actual Interest incurred and one using Historical Interest Rates.

Over time,these evolved incorporating such added complexities as “capping” on PPI Interest incurred (so you couldn’t claim back more than paid—and incorporating the 8%( & 15% for early claims) compensatory interest rule which is only payable on “Notional Credit Card Balances that would have been in credit—but for the inclusion of PPI”.

These spreadsheets were hard to fill in by the ordinary user and very often we ended up doing most of the member claims ourselves. During the last few years some firms like MBNA have calculated claims differently (lower) and after much challenging by Bill & others with the FOS, the case has been lost and it has been now ruled that PS 10/12 should only be considered as a guideline .---although a lot of firms still use that method.

Sadly, Bill has now left the site and I miss him immensly for his knowledge, initatives and for his general support.
                      -------and I am “semi-PPI-retired”- (in 70’s & birthday tomorrow-pmsl).

The speadsheets and threads were deleted during one of the Site Updates as they were getting tired (ie Time Secured).

However, as an academic & technical challenge, I decided to to tidy up (and tart-up) Bill’s spreadsheets and start again using Bill’s methods, but setting the actual data separate from the calculating part-so that I could add additional worksheets using different methods within the same spreadsheet-ie Historical Interest Rates/Actual Interest Charged/MBNA Method/etc/etc.

I never completely finished all of it-but here’s an example of one of my worksheets.

Part-Example.pdf

If you care to complete the attached spreadsheet with your base data --I will help you— (overwrite first line of course)

Lizzie-Base-Data.xls
                      Last edited by Turboman; 12th May 2017, 21:16:PM. Reason: Bill

Comment

Thank Turboman..... I will give this a good read to try and understand it......I have all statements since it opened in aug 09,

Comment

Here you go Chaz---Freddie & Montseratt Cabelle

Comment

I have now got my base data spreadsheet finished, Turboman ( had trouble trying to save it)...how do I send this to you now

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lizzy555 View Post
                              I have now got my base data spreadsheet finished, Turboman ( had trouble trying to save it)...how do I send this to you now

many thanks
                              Send to ppi@legalbeagles.info (only me & Amethyst can view your stuff)

( or admin@legalbeagles.info )
                              Last edited by Amethyst; 26th May 2017, 07:42:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X