• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SIP Parking Ltd ... Claim Issued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIP Parking Ltd ... Claim Issued

Hi, I am posting this on behalf of my partner's son who may well introduce himself at a later stage!

Basically, he has a number of parking tickets and was recently issued a claim re: one of them on behalf of SIP Parking Ltd.

I'll submit a redacted image of the claim form below, any help with this claim would be gratefully received, and I suspect there may be several more in the pipeline!!

Many Thanks in advance :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170502_ClaimForm1_JH_Redacted.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1181267
    Tags: None

Re: SIP Parking Ltd ... Claim Issued

It would be better that he introduced himself earlier rather than later. Acknowledge the claim using the details and the password on the form. DO NOT PUT ANYTHING AT ALL INTO THE DEFENCE. This gives you about 33 days from the date of issue to to present a defence to the court. Timing details are on the accompanying documents.

So it is a claim form that has insufficient details to form a defence. Was the signature a name or a company.

Could you post up a copy of the original PCN, suitably redacted.

Comment

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. It was a name on the bottom of the claim form.

Will have a root round to see if we can find the original PCN, and will get our lasses lad to register on this forum etc. Many thanks again :-) ....

All we can find is the NTK and LBA, redacted and attached below;

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161107-NTK_JH_WalmerS_R_P1.jpg
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1174192Click image for larger version

Name:	20161107-NTK_JH_R_P2.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1174193Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412-LBA_JH_WalmerS_R.jpg
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	1174194
      Last edited by studly; 7th May 2017, 13:02:PM.

Comment

Good evening all :-)

I will need to consider drafting a defence on behalf of the defendant soon, therefore any help or direction on possible defences with regards to this would be gratefully received!

Is there a process I need to follow or any letters to be sent off?

Many thanks in advance :-)

Comment

Issue date 2nd May, + 33 days......5th June? (4th is a Sunday)
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi everyone, does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to defend this claim at all please? Or am I better suggesting my partner's son admits the claim?

If so, is there any way if him avoiding a CCJ if this is the case?

Many thanks in advance :-)

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] defence on basis non compliance of NTK with PoFA 2012 &/or PoC not sufficient to make a defence?

Comment

Have you acknowledged the court claim?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes, defence is due by Sun 4th June ... but guess it probably needs submitting by Fri 2nd to err on side of caution

Comment

They are claiming that there was a windsreen PCN.....is that so?
                    Out of interest, was there an appeal made to the parking co or to the relevant appeal body? (I can't see any mention of IPC/IAS or BPA/POPLA on the letters. Gladstones normally do IPC....?)
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hiya, he doesn't recall a PCN being affixed to the windscreen. Just had a quick read of PoFA on Parking Cowboys and have noticed there is no discount offered either for prompt payment. Sorry I can't provide further details :-(

He'll have a look to see if he can dig out the PCN tomorrow.

Also, no appeal was made to anyone ... does the NtK even state how to appeal ... should it? Correction: 2nd page of NtK states IAS as appeals service, but no longer valid once NtK issued.

Comment

Originally posted by studly View Post
                        Yes, defence is due by Sun 4th June ... but guess it probably needs submitting by Fri 2nd to err on side of caution
                        If its due on Sunday 4 June then it can be filed at court before 4pm Monday 5 June 2017

Comment

Ok

I'm probably preaching to the converted, but do not reveal, or even intimate, who was driving.
                          The PCN & NTK (sanitised re personal data) would be handy, if you don't mind posting them up.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

NTK see post 3

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

The NtK is posted above at thread #3. Offence details and dates are redacted but I can provide these if you wish.

My partner's son will have a look for the PCN tomorrow but due to the age of it is unlikely to find it I think :-/

PCN was allegedly served on 1 Oct 16 @ 00:15 hrs
                              NTK was sent on 7 Nov 16
                              Last edited by studly; 24th May 2017, 21:41:PM. Reason: PCN / NTK details

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X