• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Confused Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused Scotland

I received a parking notice/invoice from smart parking limited saying that I had failed to pay the £1 parking fee. On checking I had paid the fee but entered the wrong registration number; getting two letters round the wrong way. However in my nievity I appealed explaining that i did not have my glasses on and it was a genuine mistake; heard nothing then received a notice with increased amount. I contacted to say that I had not heard the outcome of my appeal. They said it could have gone into my spam, which I checked to no avail, and they could not speak to me as with debt recovery. Time passed and I received several letters each getting more threatening from DRP.

I happened to be in discussion with my lawyer,on a seperate issue, and paid for him to letter them stating my case reminding them that they had not incurred any loss of income...all this for a pound. They came back and basically trashed lawyers letter. However, it all went quiet until today some 6 months later when I again received a letter titled 'before referral for legal action'. So it all starts again. Here's my question some threads have said ignore if in Scotland as they have no legal authority. If they take me to court will I be liable for their costs plan to defend myself as they, in my opinion, had no loss of income that justifies their ongoing harrasment.
    Tags: None

Re: Confused Scotland

Do they know who the driver was?

Comment

Re: Confused Scotland

Hi in completing the appeal application and think in discussion with them when trying to sort it out. Was being honest with them as it was a genuine mistake; did not realise then that they were as they are and assumed a level of reasonableness would prevail.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X