• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

advised to resign can emplyer still investigate me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advised to resign can emplyer still investigate me

Please can someone help i went in to work to be told by my line manager that things were not looking good for me and as a friendly word of advise she told me to resign before any investigation was started to save me from being dragged through the mud and so that it did not show on my employment history. I took the advise and handed in my resignation in writting there and then.
    i have since been told that they are investigating me and that no one from my place of work is to talk to me or contact me. When I did get my pay my notice period was not paid only my monthly pay. Please can someone let me know if the investigation can still go on and am I liable to any findings or have to attend meetings as I have now started a new job. I have yet to get a letter from them about anything and wondred where I stood legally please. Thank you for any help
    Tags: None

Re: advised to resign can emplyer still investigate me

Have you in fact now left that company or are you working your notice? How long have you been employed by the company?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I have left been with them just under 12 months been left around 2 weeks now

Comment

As far as I understand once your employment has formally terminated you will not be subject to the employer’s disciplinary policy. They may wish to conduct an investigation for their own internal purposes but I cannot see how you would be required to attend any meetings. My only word of caution would be whether the investigation was concerning matters of theft or fraud which may be a different situation.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

The problem is to do with money but the paper work side of it no one has ever mentioned theft or fraud

Comment

So did you actually work your notice? If not did you just resign and leave immediately or did your employer say that you did not need to work your notice?

On the allegations then I think that what I said about once your employment was formally terminated you will not be subject to the employer’s disciplinary policy and you should not need to attend any meeting should hopefully be the case.

Comment

Am I only technically not employed by them once my 4 week notice period is up or am I technically not employed by them from the day I handd in my resignation

Comment

So did you actually work your notice? If not did you just resign and leave immediately or did your employer say that you did not need to work your notice?

Comment

Never worked my notice I left as soon as I handed in my notice and not been back since. The company has not contacted me or sent me any letters but I wanted to make sure

Comment

If you handed in your notice and left straight away then technically you are in breach of contract and the employer has the right to either sue for damages in a civil court (i.e. for the cost of cover or the value of lost business), or to withhold payment for the period of notice which you would have otherwise worked. It seems that in this case they have done the latter.

You should ensure that as a minimum you have been paid up until the day you left the company and have been paid any accrued but untaken holiday pay. If this has not happened then you need to write to them requesting these outstanding payments are made. You may want to mention notice period payment but I would suspect they may not be open to paying this.

Comment

My line manager told me I had to leave and that I was unable to return to my desk and walked me out of the building to my car I did not have a choice to return and work my notice

Comment

There are two sides to this then. Firstly if you we told to leave then you could not work your notice and if there was a pay in lieu of notice clause in your contract then the company should pay you for the notice period. However if they had a serious issue with you it could have meant that the outcome of any investigation and subsequent disciplinary may have led to your dismissal on the grounds of gross misconduct typically meaning you may not have been entitled to any notice depending on the company's policy.

You left them two weeks ago and you are in a new job. As I see it you have a few of options either 1) contact them in writing to querying why your pay did not have any payment in lieu of your notice period as you were asked to leave and could not work it and see what their response 2) just draw a line under and concentrate on your new job 3) do 1, see what response you get and then depending on what it is do 2.

Comment

Thank you. I am just worried about any investigation however I have emailed head office about my pay and had no reply from them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X