• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Dismissed yesterday........advice required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dismissed yesterday........advice required

Its a minor point but you are still employed by them until 10 May.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

[MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION]

Letter drafted, will send it from home later. Thank you for your help so far.

As soon as I receive a response, I will let you know and see where we go from there.

Comment

[MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION] [MENTION=26290]mariefab[/MENTION], response received as attached.

I know that at least one of the two members of staff who held my 'dismissal' meeting has been involved with the letter, as you can clearly tell it has been copied from somewhere with the myself, Bev, etc. part. Bev is the one holding the meeting!

Also, why are there 3 people taking part from their side?

Finally, I have started employment elsewhere since sending the appeal letter off, so have no intention of gaining my job back. However, the dismissal should be quashed at the very least in my opinion, so where do I stand on that front?
        Attached Files

Comment

[MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION] [MENTION=26290]mariefab[/MENTION]

Further developments, I've just received some information (on the attached screenshot), which shows that Sarah and Helen (the two people who conducted my 'dismissal' have been involved in sorting out my appeal, even though they have said themselves previously they are not allowed to be involved in any way.

Can you advise where I stand with this, please?
          Attached Files

Comment

In terms of who should deal with an appeal then ideally it will be heard by someone senior in authority to the person who took the disciplinary decision and, if possible, someone who was not involved in the original meeting or decision. However in small organisations this may be difficult but even if there is no more senior manager available, another manager should, if possible, hear the appeal. Whoever hears the appeal should consider it as impartially as possible.

I cannot say why they have chosen to have three people attending but I would guess that one of them is there to take notes.

I would suggest that the further information you have posted should not have been sent to you as whoever did that has breached confidentiality and if this came to light would be in serious trouble. Plus it does nothing more than state facts about firstly the appeal meeting process and states an opinion they have had from ACAS based on the information they have provided to the person they spoke to.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

[MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION] thanks for the quick response.

In relation to the fact I'm now employed elsewhere, is there a point to me appealing?

Comment

The decision is yours. As has been stated you can be (fairly) dismissed without your employer giving any reason at all and although you have been given leave to appeal I am not sure, since you have now found a new job, what you would want to achieve if you went ahead with it.

Comment

ACAS is right in this instance.
                  It's likely that they going through the process because they consider that their disciplinary procedures are incorporated into their contracts; as Ula mentioned in post#10.

I'm not sure what you want to achieve.
                  The effect of quashing the dismissal would be to reinstate you, and you don't seem to want that.
                  I suppose that you could waste some of their time by getting them to jump through these hoops.
                  If you are hoping that they might be persuaded to call the end of your employment something other than a dismissal, that would be understandable. Although, this may not be the best way to go about it. If you think that HR, or someone else with the relevant authority, would consider this; a phone call before the hearing could be the answer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X