• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke CCJ Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortimer Clarke CCJ Help Please

Thank you warwick. I've just converted it to pdf.

Comment

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/email-guidance

You need to take a look at the defence example (Top of thread, green box) Draft out a defence using the last example in the link as an idea of the layout. (With court details, claim no., (Claimant) v (dinkmack) at the top,.... DEFENCE ....main body of text, 1.5 or double-spaced & sequentially numbered.....statement of truth + signature at bottom.

Copy/paste the completed version & print (you should sign the statement), scan to computer etc, put as attachment to email.
      Email address - ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
      (Claimant) v (dinkmack) Claim No XXXXXXXX in subject box of email.
      Please find attached defence' in email main body.
      Press send..... et voila!....defence filed!

(From Uncle Tom's Cabin an' all! )

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you so much warwick and charitynjw. Email has been sent, fingers crossed

Comment

Good luvk- keep an eye on the MCOl website . They have 28 days or so to respond after that it becomes stayed.

Comment

Hi, I've received a letter from Mortimer Clarke.

We refer to the above matter.

By way of background, we are instructed that this matter relates to a mail order with JD Williams Ltd Re Fifty Plus bearing the agreement number XXXXXXXXXXX entered into on 15/08/2015, and terminated on 22/09/2016.

The debt and agreement has been assigned to our client, Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. By virtue of the assignment, our client has had assigned all rights and title to your debt, and thus is entitled to collection of the same. We enclose a copy of the notice of assignment that was sent to your last known address at the time of the assignment.

We have taken instruction with regards to your request for documents pursuant to sections 77-79 of the consumer credit act 1974 and have been informed by our client that this has been complied with by the original creditor.

With regards your request for documents under cpr 31.14, please find enclosed the following documents for your consideration: Copy of the reconstituted agreement; and statement of account from our client detailing both the assigned and current balance of the account;

please be advised that under the financial conduct authority's consumer credit sourcebook at rule 13.1.4, a firm is able to reconstitute a copy of the agreement, and there is no obligation to provide a copy which includes a copy of the signature. This was also confirmed in the case of Carey v HSBC Bank plc [2009] EWHC 3417.
            We have requested further documentation from our client in relation to this matter.

Yours faithfully
            Mortimer Clarke

They have also reduced the debt by 25% if I pay in reasonable and affordable monthly instalments.

Any advice on what to do next will be very much appreciated?

Thank you.
            Last edited by Kati; 22nd June 2017, 17:07:PM.

Comment

Hi

Did you sent a s77-79 request to JD Williams and if so when?

Did you send a S77-79 request to Cabot and if so when

I am sure you have posted on the thread but i can't see it

To my mind there are two facts at play here, you can legally send a S77-79 request a month ( i think) after the previous one and even within the month I am not sure if it really matters when the account has changed hands. It is up to the creditor ( now Cabot) to send one.

A reconstituted agreement however is perfectly acceptable and as the account is fairly recent would be harder to challenge.

What may be of use, and i am not sure how to address it is the fact some styles of cabot are not registered. This may be relevant as i saw a tweet from a solicitor who defeated a case because the claimant was not registered
              [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi Warwick, I sent a s77-79 to Cabot but not JD Williams. I haven't received any letters from Cabot.

Comment

So the response by the solicitors saying that your CCA request had been fulfilled by the original creditor is complete hokum ?

Comment

Did you submit your defence ?

Has there been any more communication other than the recent letter?

If you did submit your defence, on what date was it done- can you look at MCOL to see if there has been any further action such as directions questionnaires?

Comment

Yes it is complete hokum I haven't received anything from the original creditor.
                      I sent my defence on the 22nd May.
                      There isn't anything on the mcol site.

Thanks for your help.
                      Last edited by dinkmack; 22nd June 2017, 18:30:PM.

Comment

Sorry just checked through the letter again and some how I missed the signed agreement which Mortimer stapled to the letter. I'm such a feather brain

My name is on the agreement but It hasn't been signed by me. Is this what they're normally like?

Comment

Sorry to bother you again. Because Mortimer have provided the agreement does this mean I will now have to contact them to arrange a payment?Does it matter that my signature isn't on the agreement?

Comment

Before looking at the validity of the disclosed paperwork, has the Claimant/Sols replied to your defence yet? (they are normally given 28 days to do so in these kind of claims, & the court normally informs you of this subsequent to your defence having been filed, accepted & sent to the Claimant).
                            The courts are a bit behind with processing case management at the mo, but there's no harm in phoning them to get a status update.
                            If the Claimant hasn't responded, it might be that the case is stayed; you won't be automatically informed of this.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Before looking at the validity of the disclosed paperwork, has the Claimant/Sols replied to your defence yet? (they are normally given 28 days to do so in these kind of claims, & the court normally informs you of this subsequent to your defence having been filed, accepted & sent to the Claimant).
                              The courts are a bit behind with processing case management at the mo, but there's no harm in phoning them to get a status update.
                              If the Claimant hasn't responded, it might be that the case is stayed; you won't be automatically informed of this.
                              Thanks for your reply Charity. I checked the mcol site and it doesn't say anything on there about them replying to the defence. The last update was that I submitted my defence. I'll give them a call. Thank you for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X