• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re Barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Barclays

Hi I got scammed out of £8,200 back in 17th February 2014 to a Barclays account in the name of jacekpiotreczeenik acc 63124908 sort code20-29-81 Enfield branch what I need help with I was told that Barclays were informed about this fraudulent account 24hrs before I paid into it I have an email that was sent to jakedepake77 @gmail was the intermediary that was used to notify the banks fraud department and had replied he'd get it shut down asap on the 16th February 2014 as the Bank refuses to acknowledge they got such an email I'm hoping that jake was on this site and can help me or know what jakedepake77 real name was thank you for reading this any help would be absolutely brilliant
    Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd May 2017, 11:44:AM. Reason: removed name and private email
    Tags: None

Re: Re Barclays

Hi Diame

I've got your contact details but have removed them from here for your security.

We know Jake and I'll get a message to him to see if he can get a copy of the notification to #Barclays for you. The problem with Barclays is their customer facing fraud dept know sod all about the rest of it. Jake may have emailed or called the bank to notify them of the fraudulent account - had you notified Jake about the account ? ie. how do you know it was he that passed the info on to Barclays ?

So what's happened since Feb 2014 ? Presumably the bank hasn't just taken 3 years to work out they didn't close down the account when notified it was frudulent and 'lose' the record of the notification ?

Regards

Sharon
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I was shown emails regarding the account dated 16/2/2014 at 13.02 pm which jake had replied to I'm trying to prove Barclays negligence as I also have letter from met police stating this person was never at address used or any record of him being in country and it's unclear what checks if any Barclays made but Barclays won't listen and I've been to Omnibusman so need new evidence to reopen my case and hoping that jake might have the answers I'm looking for thanks again for your help
      Last edited by diame; 3rd May 2017, 14:23:PM.

Comment

Okay, what was the result of the Ombudsman complaint?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

It got me to the £1020 that I'd transferred to same account 3 days later that was in the account when it was closed and Barclays admitted it was there but wouldn't refund it without a disclaimer the ombudsman found on n my favour and I got the £1020 back without signing anything I didn't have the other information till about 6 mths ago so that's why I'm trying to get when the account was notified as fraudulent x

Comment

Hi did you manage to ask jake if h can help me x

Comment

Hello can anyone help men

Comment

Hi amethyst have you contacted jakedepake77 on my behalf and if so is he able to help me thanks again for your help

Comment

I've left him a couple messages. I'll ask [MENTION=7]Tools[/MENTION] to have a look this evening as he has better chance of contacting him that I.

Did you send Jake the details of the scam via email initially ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I tried to send email don't know whether he received it or not thank you once again tools is aware of my case I sent him all the details in the early,days their still,in my messages fingers crossed he gets to speak to jakedepake77 xx

Comment

Hi amethyst have you managed to contact jakedepake77 on my behalf as I really need confirmation of that crucial e mail in my case against Barclays thanks again and sorry to be an impatient person but it was a lot of money I lost and any line of recovery of it makes all this stress worth while Diane

Comment

I'm assuming that jakedepake77 is not able to help thank you for trying to help me

Comment

Comment

I'll give [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] a nudge for you.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

It was me who submitted the alert to Jake and it was done the DAY BEFORE Diane's transfer. This sorry experience underlines why I don't use intermediaries anymore; had I contacted Barclays directly Diane would have got her money back a couple of years ago.

Here is a copy of the email I sent Jake on 16-Feb-14 at 14:11
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X