• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marlin Europe II Lloyds CC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Europe II Lloyds CC

Hi All,

Looking for some help, I received a Claim form and have just Acknowledged it on MCOL today. The claim is for a 9k credit card from Lloyds and the Claimant is Marlin and Mortimer clarke are the solicitors.
    Just over 10 days ago I sent Marlin a CCA request along with a £1 but have had nothing back yet.

The Credit card was take out in 2003 and fell behind in 2007 then set up a payment plan with the last payment being made in 10/2011. I missed one payment in 5/2011 due to moving house and then they started bombarding me with calls and letters and i just gave up on 10/2011.

I have all my Documents from Lloyds including my agreement dated back to 2003 and in the claim form particulars it refers to the agreement. What i have noticed in the agreement is its stamped at the top with the date 6/2003 and the stamp by my signature 5/2003 but the signature and date that i signed is 2005!! Two years difference between them!

Not sure how i stand with this any help would be grateful.

Tags: None

Re: Marlin Europe II Lloyds CC

You seem to have got off to a good start by sending a s 77-79 CCA Request to Marlin.

When you say you have all your documents from Lloyds do you mean you've kept everything in a file from Day 1 or do you mean you sent a Subject Access Request to Lloyds and you're looking at date inconsistencies in the paperwork you received from them (Lloyds)?

If you haven't sent a SAR to Lloyds then do that pronto.

You should also send a CPR 31.14 Request to Mortimer Clarke solicitors. This forum has a template letter which you'll need to tweak to suit your situation. Here's the link > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...382#post410382

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

I did a SAR to lloyds 2 years ago so have all my documents here. The agreement i have has been date stamped 2003 but my signature that i have signed is dated 2005 so something doesn't look right.

Just doing my CPR but not sure what date to use in the filing my defence onXX XXXX 201X part.

Comment

Did you send your SAR to Lloyds before or after the account had been assigned to Marlin?

If it was before then you may need to send anther one so you capture the events surrounding the Default Notice (if any)/Termination/Assignment.

The Transaction Log will be useful.

Was it assigned by Lloyds to Marlin or could it have been assigned to another debt purchaser first who then later assigned it to Marlin? Assignment issues are important to winning a case.

You have 19 days from the claim Issue Date to file your Acknowledgment of Service which you say you've already done.

You have 33 days from the claim Issue Date to file your Defence.

Di

Comment

Hi,

Just an update.

I have sent a CPR 31.14 Request to Mortimer Clarke solicitors on the 6th May and have had no response back from any of them yet. One thing i did not do was to send them using registered post. Should i resend them? I have photograph evidence of the CPR letter to MCS and the envelope with a franking stamp on it.

my case will be on the 22nd May so not sure what to do next.

Comment

Hi
            What exactly do you mean"my case will be on 22nd may"

Is this the day your defence is due?

If that is so, any proceedings will be some way down the line

Are you still at the point of waiting for a response to your CCA request and you CPR requests. If your defence is due in on 22nd may, that is next Monday so I would think you could try to submit it over the weekend (once sat's post has arrived)

Comment

Hi Warwick,

Thanks for responding, Yes i mean my defence must be in and have not had any response to my CCA and CPR requests. My date on my claim form is 20th April so it works out the 22nd May ??

Comment

I make it 23rd May but 1 day earlier won't hurt - better safe than sorry

If you are not tied up at work on Monday, submit it then. I know the MCOL website is not he most reliable thing on the world

Comment

Will it matter that i did not send the requests by recorded mail?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpond View Post
                    Not really, as long as you can give evidence in your witness statement to say that on x date you placed x letter in the post to x company that should suffice
                    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thanks for you help pt2537 and warwick!

I will start putting my defence together Sunday so will be back then for some advise.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for you help pt2537 and warwick!

I will start putting my defence together Sunday so will be back then for some advise.

Thanks again
                        If you need a hand just shout, ill be able to give you pointers if needed
                        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Did you get Proof of Posting from the post office even if you didn't send them by Royal Mail Signed For?

Did you also include a copy of your CCA Request with your CPR 31.14 Request which this forum's template letter advises?

Di

Comment

Hi Di

I did not get proof of post at the post office but did get the receipt for the postal order. I put a copy of the CCA request with the CPR as the template advises also took a photo of the letters and franked envelope with the date on.

Comment

Hi,

Just an update.

I have sent a CPR 31.14 Request to Mortimer Clarke solicitors on the 6th May and have had no response back from any of them yet. One thing i did not do was to send them using registered post. Should i resend them? I have photograph evidence of the CPR letter to MCS and the envelope with a franking stamp on it.

my case will be on the 22nd May so not sure what to do next.

is the photograph time stamped in any way? If it was taken using your mobile phone then it will show that. I would suggest attaching the photograph for completeness.

it would be good practice for you to obtain certificates of posting for anything you send to Mortimer Clarke while the court case is ongoing. Even better would be to email them a copy of anything you post the same day. Do you have an email address for them?

We recently attended a small claims trial where the claimants legal representative sought an adjournment on the grounds we hadn't served a witness statement. Unfortunately for the claimant we had sent it special delivery and it had been signed for by them. - and we had the receipt at court to prove it. The trial proceeded and the claim was dismissed as agreement was unenforceable etc.

If claimants solicitors try to pull that one with solicitors they would have no compunction with a LIP!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X