• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal/ lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bw legal/ lowell

Yes they said they will receive a form as well. It was 28 days since I submitted my defence on 13/06.

Comment

Wait a few days, then phone the court to see if the Claimant has responded to your defence & if not, ask if it is stayed.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I asked that today as the 28 days was up on the 13th so is it worth ringing again next week?

Comment

next week ring again,,, do not get your hopes up try and keep steady throughout and an open mind, as these idiots play mind games to try and win against you,

Comment

Right ok I assume if I get the form it's not worth ringing as the person I spoke to earlier said it's 28 days after they receive it back before it's stayed if BW don't do anything.

Comment

28 days of receipt by them from the courts

Comment

If a DQ from the court is sent, you'll know it's 'game on'.
                If nothing turns up, phone the court to check.
                I have a claim (well, my friend does) that is now coming up to it's 6th anniversary as a 'stayed claim'.
                I still now check the status periodically.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

So if they send the forms its likely to go ahead??

Comment

next stage of the court process

Comment

• Re: Bw legal/ lowell

So what should I expect to happen after I return the form if they send it?? Can anyone give advice on filling the form in please, or is it straightforward?

Comment

come back if you receive one pretty straight forward but they can asssist you from here

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Received a letter from BW today saying their client intends to contininue with the claim and that they have filed notice of it with the court, it's dated 16th June the 28 days was 13th June, are they calling my bluff or will it go ahead now??

Comment

On the letter from the court I received to say they had received my defence and would serve a copy to DW dated 16th May it says they must contact the court within 28 days of receiving it if they dont do this it will be stayed. When I rang the court on Friday 16th June they said they hadnt heard anything from BW but it wasnt stayed and they will send the form out for me to fill in and send back. But surely the 28 days time frame would be up by then? I submitted my defence by email on 13th May is this the date it starts from?

Comment

28 days from receipt of defence etc hence we estimate normal 33 days via court mail

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X