• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal/ lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bw legal/ lowell

Does anyone have any idea what I should expect next, after looking at the letters I've had please?

Comment

Have you received an official notification from the court that this is now a defended claim?
      If so, usually the Claimant is given 28 days to respond.

It would appear that they have not produced an actual copy of any of the 3 s87 Default Notices which Shop D/Isme reckon they have sent? (Ref the black screenprint).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

No not had anything back yet. And no they haven't sent the default notices either.

Comment

Yes, they have been silent on this.
          The curious case of the dog in the night-time?
          See what the SAR reveals.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I received the notification from the court acknowledging my defence today. So should be interesting to see what BW do now.

Comment

Well folks its 29 days since I submitted my defence with the court and I havent heard a thing from BW legal. Does that mean they wont bother pursueing it now?

Comment

give a few days then ring the court to ask state of the claim, probably stayed (parked up) and they would need to pay to unstay it later or it could be stayed forever

Comment

Just rang the court it isnt stayed yet they send a form to me and BW legal to fill in and send back if BW dont respond within 28 days its stayed then apparently. They said they havent heard from them since I submitted my defence.

Comment

That will be the Directions Questionnaire. Normally though if the Claimant doesn't inform the court they wish to proceed after a Defence has been filed it gets put on a stay and Directions Questionnaires aren't sent out. Give it a couple of weeks and see if the DQ turns up, if not try the court again.

The court helpline staff quite often fudge their way through queries which is really irritating.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok thanks just seems to be going on forever I hoped as BW havent done anything in the 28 days that would be it. Are they likely to send this questionairre out? Ive never heard it mentioned before today?

Comment

When a case is stayed, that is not necessarily the end to the matter.
                        The case is put on hold until/unless one of the parties do something about it.
                        For instance, an application can be made to lift the stay.
                        However, the longer it is left, the more difficult it would be to justify lifting it.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok but wouldn't they have to pay the court to lift the stay? How much would that cost them? Would it be worth them bothering for nearly £500??

Comment

£255
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So do you think if it ends up stayed they would pay over half the amount of the claim to proceed?
                              If they send the form and I fill it in what happens then?

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey 66 View Post
                                So do you think if it ends up stayed they would pay over half the amount of the claim to proceed?
                                I didn't say that. But would you pay it, if you were them?
                                If they send the form and I fill it in what happens then?
                                To be honest, you have to take it as it comes. Check on the claim status a few days after the 28 day 'reply to defence' period is up.
                                If a DQ is sent from the court, it will need to be completed & returned promptly. As a matter of fact it should also be served on the other party as well.
                                ####
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X