• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal/ lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bw legal/ lowell

Originally posted by Mousey 66 View Post
    No I didn't fill any of that in as I opted for mediation, didn't know I had to?
    Yes you should complete all the questions because Mediation will only take place if both parties agree to it. Lowells mostly do.

Even so the court needs to know what court arrangements need to be made in the event Mediation doesn't go ahead, or goes ahead and fails.

Maybe call the court and tell them you think you may have not completed the DQ properly and ask what you should do about that.

They may say they'll return it to you to complete in full.

What was the deadline for filing your DQ?

Di

Comment

They have agreed to mediation I got their form on Saturday.
      I had a few more weeks to send mine back to them. Will they not return it anyway if I've missed filling parts in?

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey 66 View Post
        They have agreed to mediation I got their form on Saturday.
        I had a few more weeks to send mine back to them. Will they not return it anyway if I've missed filling parts in?
        NCCBC will receive thousands of these DQ forms every week and may not even read them until it's time for them to 'do something' so call the court in the morning and explain what's happened.

Every call you make should be noted on your file so you'll have covered yourself if there are any problems further down the line.

Di

Comment

Tried ringing a few times today but couldnt get through, and now theyre closed. Im in work all week so cant ring again until next Tuesday now. Can I email them?

Comment

Does anyone know if I can email to let them know I've not filled the DQ in properly please?

Comment

You can email them, I think the email address is on the claim form but they are rather slow at times in replying to emails

Comment

Ok thanks I'll give it a go then.

Comment

Ive had an email from the court to say my DQ has been accepted and as BW have requested the same mediation will go ahead. They didnt give any indication as to when or what happens next though?

Comment

Wait for mediation to contact you.

Keep an an eye on mcol to see if it's been transferred to your local court, that would mean mediation had failed for some reason

Comment

Ok thanks. I still cant get on the MCOL website it just wont accept my password or username, it is the correct one Im entering and Ive tried loads of times.

Comment

Your username is a 12 or is it 16 digit number and your password is the one you set up. I'm sure you are using the right one but just to check.

If if it continues call the help desk to get the system checked

anyway I'm going, I'm not really here.

Comment

How do they contact to arrange mediation?

Comment

One person's experience of mediation.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi peeps, not been on here for a while as I've had nothing to post. I still haven't heard anything about the mediation, no emails or phone calls. I'm on holiday at the minute but as far as I'm aware had no letters either. I checked credit report today and this debt is no longer on there, it was when I checked about a month ago, but no sign of it now. Does anyone know what any of this may mean?

Comment

Does anyone have any idea if I'm still likely to hear something with it being almost two months since they emailed to say my DQ had been received and accepted? Could it be possible that Lowell/BW have decided not to bother pursuing this anymore as it's not on my credit report anymore?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X