• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal/ lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bw legal/ lowell

One of the questions you will likely be asked is whether any documentation which you have requested has been sent to you.
    If 'no', it is not normally suitable for mediation, & if so, will be referred back to the court for further instruction.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

So if they haven't sent me all the paperwork I requested what happens then?

Comment

As they didn't send me the default notices I requested does that mean it can't be sorted by mediation?

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey 66 View Post
          As they didn't send me the default notices I requested does that mean it can't be sorted by mediation?
          Hi

Well it all depends on what you want to do and just how much the claim is.

Some people may decide to use mediation to make it go away and make small (ish) offers in full and final settlement even through they know they have a chance of winning in court . Remember that being a LiP is hard work and you really need to lead the judge by the hand through the legal arguments - well if you think that many judges do not like 'debt avoiders' and are only looking at a way to keep the common folk in their place

Not sure how much your claim is for and just how important it is to you to avoid a CCJ . There is rarely a right or wrong answer and even rarer to find a one size fits all solution

Comment

The original debt is for £591.82 which was run up by my ex having things delivered to his new address after we split up, he also did the credit agreement in my name on his pc, which is obviously why I begrudge paying it!

Comment

Absolutely losing the will trying to get on MCOL website, it just keeps telling me my log in details are wrong. Ive checked in settings for my usernames and passwords and it is correct what Im entering but it wont let me in!!

Comment

Hi
                Are you using the Gov gateway username and password

It will be a long number and your password= not the one on the claim form

The claim will appear at the bottom of the page

Comment

Yeah I'm using the one that was generated when I first went on and the password I put in myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey 66 View Post
                    No it doesn't prevent you from settling this at Mediation.

There's an assumption that you won't be 'allowed' to opt for Mediation if the Claimant hasn't produced all the documentation. That is not the case.

The wording on the Mediation question (at least on the last one I saw) goes: "confirm that I have 'enough information' about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before the appointment".

The question does NOT ask "have you got documents which are compliant with s77-79 CCA or a DN which complies with s 87(1) etc".

So if you have 'enough information' (not necessarily from the Claimant, it could be in your own files) to know what the claim is about then you can tick "YES" to Mediation.

Mediation is strictly confidential so at no time can the Claimant later raise the issue in court (or in their WS) if the Mediation fails and it goes to a hearing. They cannot say you told the Small Claims Mediation Service that you admitted they had complied with your CCA Request or that you were satisfied with their response to your CPR 31.14 Request.

If you want to Mediate you can (assuming the other side wants to as well).

Di

Comment

I assume it's not worth me ringing again to ask why I was told it was stayed then received the forms?

Comment

seems to be the normal thing so No do not bother ringing

Comment

Posted my form back to the court on Tuesday requesting mediation, any idea when I should expect to hear back from them?

Comment

Hi could be a week or two could be longer, just depends on the court caseload etc

I think mine took a month or so

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply! Is there no time limit on how long they have to contact about this then?

Comment

Sadly no but it is the court that does it not the claimants

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X