• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal/ lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bw legal/ lowell

Ok they did say it is stayed when I asked. So do I do nothing unless I hear anything from the court? How long do I give it til I can stop worrying about this?

Comment

Ok the court have sent forms today which are, notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track. It says its a defended claim and a copy is enclosed but I cant see it? It also says the case appears to be suitable for allocation in the small claims track. If I believe this track is not appropriate for the claim I need to complete box C1 on the small claims directions questionnaire. So can anyone please advise whats best to do next please?

- - - Updated - - -

The date on the forms is 21 June so they sent it after telling me it was stayed on Tuesday.

Comment

Can anyone please give advice on what I'm best doing next with this? When I rang on Tuesday they said it was stayed and they hadn't heard from BW and when I asked she said they would have to lift the stay in order to continue, so do I ring the court again? This is very confusing, the date on the forms is Wednesdays the 21st.

Comment

they would have to pay to lift the stay, and a defended claim you would be notified of the next stage, meantime it is stayed and up to them if they pay and go ahead or do nothing?

Comment

So do I fill the form in amd send it back? If so do I go with the small claims track they suggest or do I fill in the small claims directions questionnaire??

Comment

ok fill the form in as it is as you say from the courts, and agree mediation, you sure it was not from the solicitors are you on MCOL if so check what is recorded on there?>

Comment

It says its from the county court buisiness centre, whats MCOL??

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                  assuming it really is stayed and not a situation where the court has not yet dealt with the backlog of paperwork which needs to be added to the system.

You may need to hold your breath a few days longer.

Di
                  It seems my prediction has sadly come true.

The court had a backlog of paperwork to upload onto their system so you have now received the Directions Questionnaire which you must complete and file by the date given by the court.

Di

Comment

So you dont think it was stayed afterall? Do I go for the mediation as Mike said?

Comment

MCOL is Money Claim Online, the online way of starting & initially defending certain claims.

When both parties have completed the DQs, it is then normally allocated to the appropriate track (Small Claims, Fast Track etc.) & court venue.

Imho it's usually a good idea to tick 'yes' to mediation; although not obligitory, courts nowadays do expect parties to endeavour to sort the dispute out of court.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Right I can't get back on MCOL I tried a few times but it says username or password is wrong. So where would a mediation be held?

Comment

MCOL can be a bit glitchy. Just keep trying
                          Also carefully check everything.

I remember once trying to input a password which I thought included the letter 'm'.
                          My OH pointed out that it was in fact an 'r' immediately followed with an 'n'. (rn)
                          (It took ages for me to live that one down!).
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Lol! Yeah I've probably done similar knowing me! Would I have to go somewhere for the mediation thing or can I just make them an offer?

Comment

Mediation is normally via telephone (you, mediator in the middle, other party on another line to mediator.
                              It can be done feet up, sitting in a comfy armchair, cup of tea, choccy digestives* in hand.

These are not obligatory; Bourbons or Jammy Dodgers are equally acceptable.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sounds much better than going to court! I'll get some biccies in! Thanks for that feel a little better now.
                                Will they negotiate an amount or will it be the amount on the debt?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X