• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Penalty Notice from Car Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye Penalty Notice from Car Park

Hi everyone. They sent me a letter! To NZ! Here it is...

(parking eye NZ letter)

I have also uploaded a copy of the back of the original letter (parking eye back crop), I was misinformed when I was told there was nothing on the back.

Thanks, hope you guys are all doing well and fighting hard!
    Attached Files

Comment

I'd just ignore it and see if a popla code turns up.

M1

Comment

Thank you. Will do.

Comment

The POPLA letter arrived!

It's a lot of pages, so I just uploaded a few. I go to POPLA and appeal now yes?

What 'evidence' do I upload, in terms of, what actually 'is' my defense.

Thank you!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey, ok I have been doing a lot of reading and have decided I will send a full appeal based on one of Mystery1's previous posts and edit based on the particular case.

My only question is if it IS possible to get hold of a receipt / proof of purchase from the business in question, should I do this and submit it to POPLA as well?

Thanks, appreciate any help you can give.

Comment

POPLA, to my best knowledge, do not 'do' mitigating circumstances or similar.
              On occasion they may refer the mitigation(s) back to the operator (parking co), but it would be up to the operator whether or not to entertain such representations.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by da_mill View Post
                Hey, ok I have been doing a lot of reading and have decided I will send a full appeal based on one of Mystery1's previous posts and edit based on the particular case.

My only question is if it IS possible to get hold of a receipt / proof of purchase from the business in question, should I do this and submit it to POPLA as well?

Thanks, appreciate any help you can give.
                Probably not.

Post up your appeal and i'll take a look. Very busy this week but you do get 28 days so should have time. Make sure you tag me so i don't miss it (not being around much now)

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery,

just went to formulate my response - their letter says you get 28 days to appeal to Popla. PE letter is dated 20 June - The 28 days has already expired, I'm not sure I couldve done anything at all by the time I actually received the letter. Any recourse on this or am I screwed?

I wa thinking I would appeal to popla and say exactly that (I received the letter too late being being overseas which is clearly an unfair practice.)

thank you

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  Probably not.

Post up your appeal and i'll take a look. Very busy this week but you do get 28 days so should have time. Make sure you tag me so i don't miss it (not being around much now)

M1

Comment

Here's a link to a POPLA code checker. Not unknown to issue one that was "issued" several days before the letter date. If it is seriously out of date then complain to PE and ask for another.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                      Here's a link to a POPLA code checker. Not unknown to issue one that was "issued" several days before the letter date. If it is seriously out of date then complain to PE and ask for another.
                      +1

M1

Comment

Hi everyone

Succinctly - I sent a letter to parking eye complaining that they sent me a letter well out of date to appeal to POPLA.

They finally sent me another letter, ignoring that and demanding final notice for payment. (see attached.)

My only question -

I didn't get to do POPLA (they sent me an out of date letter.)
                        I'm now on a New Zealand partnership work visa (and will soon be a resident in a couple months.)

Basically, I want it to go away, because i don't want them hassling my elderly parents at their home etc (where the vehicle is registered to).

What would they do to continue chasing up this fine?

Thanks for any advice that is offered. I'm not one usually to capitulate but I don't want these ***** digging at my parents.

Attached Files

Comment

Have they not taken notice of your new address and still sending letters to your previous address, your parents?

Comment

Hi Ostell, thank you for replying.

No they are sending the letters to me in New Zealand. This is unfortunately why I couldn't get a POPLA code - their mail takes about 2 weeks to get here, for example the letter I just received is dated 20 days ago!

Comment

Having told them that you are in New Zealand then they should have no excuse for contacting your parents again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X