• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    filing too early could lead the claimant filing a defence which trashes yours = game over or a long hectic time to try and change contents of defence = remember "More Haste = Less Speed" the day before due is best

The last one I filed was at 15:50 to comply with a 16: 00hr deadline!
    I made sure I obtained a receipt, as it was handed into the local county court to which has been allocated.

- - - Updated - - -

:0 :0
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will do it the day before it's due then and post my defence up here. Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by Funnyman21 View Post
        Thanks for the info, I will do it the day before it's due then and post my defence up here. Thankyou
        make sure to redact personal info on copy when posted on here prior to submitting via MCOL

Comment

Defence letter draft:

1: I received the claim D0000006 from Northampton County Court Business Centre on 27th April 2017.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case D0000006 is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3. This claim appears to be for an Orang mobile phone contract agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly access my position with regards to the claim.

5.On the 3rd of May I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under the Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Lowell Solicitors Limited. I requested the Claimant to provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice, Notice of Assignment, Letter of Termination.

6. Lowell Solicitors Limited has failed to provide all of these documents to me.

7.The Claimant has supplied me with the Notice of Assignment only.

8. The Claimant stated they had requested a copy of the statement of account and Default Notice and would be forwarded to me.

9. I have not received Default or Letter of Termination.

10.I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully pleas my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

11. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants beat the costs of the amendment.

12. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed……………
          Dated…………….

Could someone please help in some way with my defence? I have managed to draft this up but I'm stuck in all honesty. Thankyou

Comment

Can anyone help to include something to my defence or if it's fine as it is, I'm trying not to rush it but stuck on what else to include. Thankyou

Comment

Can I use anything else in my defence? It's due in a few days and I'm very worried now. Any help would be great. Thankyou

Comment

round about 28th May i,e, 33 days after to acknowledged, but submit it a day before that will stop them trashing your defence , before they submit, can put to-gether your defence albeit amend as necessary if needed due to possible events.

Defence Example
                Mike do you have any idea on wether my defence looks good enough as I need to submit it by the 27th, thanks

Comment

asked for help to check over it for you!

Comment

round about 28th May i,e, 33 days after to acknowledged, but submit it a day before that will stop them trashing your defence , before they submit, can put to-gether your defence albeit amend as necessary if needed due to possible events.

Defence Example
                    asked for help to check over it for you!
                    Thankyou for the help. Also I wondered do I send my defence to Lowell? I'm guessing I just come it online?

Comment

Can anyone help with my defence before I submit it tomorrow, my draft is on the previous page. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Funnyman21 View Post
                        Thankyou for the help. Also I wondered do I send my defence to Lowell? I'm guessing I just come it online?
                        If you are submitting the Defence via Moneyclaimonline the court will send a copy to the claimant
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just made a couple of minor amendments;

1: I received the claim D0000006 from Northampton County Court Business Centre on 27th April 2017.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case D0000006 is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3. This claim appears to be for an agreement for between Orange Mobile and the Defendant regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. I contend that any debt would be time barred under the Limitations Act 1980. The last time I recall having any dealings with the original creditor (Orange Mobile) was over 6 years ago.

5. The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly access my position with regards to the claim. It is unclear whether the claim is for a credit agreement for provision of a mobile handset or for a service contract.

6.On the 3rd of May I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under the Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Lowell Solicitors Limited. I requested the Claimant to provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice, Notice of Assignment, Letter of Termination.

7. I have received a copy of the Notice of Assignment.

8. The Claimant stated they had requested a copy of the statement of account and Default Notice from the original creditor and would be forwarded to me. I have not yet received these. It seems strange that the Claimant should bring a claim against me without having had sight of the relevant documents.

9. I have not received a copy of the Agreement or Letter of Termination.

10. I do not recognise or know how the amount claimed has been calculated and put the claimant to strict proof of the sums claimed.

11.I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

12. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants meet the costs of the amendment.

13. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Just made a couple of minor amendments;

3. This claim appears to be for an agreement for between Orange Mobile and the Defendant regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. I contend that any debt would be time barred under the Limitations Act 1980. The last time I recall having any dealings with the original creditor (Orange Mobile) was over 6 years ago.

5. The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly access my position with regards to the claim. It is unclear whether the claim is for a credit agreement for provision of a mobile handset or for a service contract.

6.On the 3rd of May I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under the Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Lowell Solicitors Limited. I requested the Claimant to provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice, Notice of Assignment, Letter of Termination.

7. I have received a copy of the Notice of Assignment.

8. The Claimant stated they had requested a copy of the statement of account and Default Notice from the original creditor and would be forwarded to me. I have not yet received these. It seems strange that the Claimant should bring a claim against me without having had sight of the relevant documents.

9. I have not received a copy of the Agreement or Letter of Termination.

10. I do not recognise or know how the amount claimed has been calculated and put the claimant to strict proof of the sums claimed.

11.I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

12. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants meet the costs of the amendment.

13. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.
                            Thankyou for your help! I will read through and amend my original.

Comment

Is that how I officially submit my defence? On moneyclaimonline?

Comment

I have now filed my defence on MCOL. What are my next steps?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X