• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

To anyone just coming across this thread.

Claim Form 27th April 2017

I have acknowledged the service

Sent CPR 18 off on 02nd May

Started Defence

Can anyone tell me if I should send off a CPR 31 or is the CPR 18 would be sufficient?

Thankyou
    Last edited by Funnyman21; 2nd May 2017, 22:20:PM.

Comment

It may help if you keep everything in one place for the sake of continuity.

I see you've started another thread tonight on this same claim here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...895#post724895

Originally posted by Funnyman21 View Post
      I have a court claim from NORTHAMPTON County Court. Issued on 27th April 2017. Debt for an Orange mobile contract from 4-5 years ago of £540.

I acknowledged service and chose defend.

Sent CPR 18 off Today.

Would a CPR 31.14 be beneficial too?

I have another thread but just had a few questions to ask.
      Di

Comment

Example letters here - Defence Example || CPR 31.14 Request
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

In my CPR 31, should I include the part in red which has the enclosed amount of £1..etc?

Thankyou

Comment

This is regarding a mobile contract isn't it? In which case the CCA request wouldn't apply and thus you should leave that off your CPR request ( as it refers to sending a CCA request to the creditor )
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              This is regarding a mobile contract isn't it? In which case the CCA request wouldn't apply and thus you should leave that off your CPR request ( as it refers to sending a CCA request to the creditor )
              So is a CPR 31.14 able to be used as it's asking for further information?

Thanks for that. So just remove the red writing that talks about the CCA?

I will send that first thing tomorrow.

Comment

Yes there should still be a contract, notice of assignment etc, it's only the requirement to provide the executed agreement copy under s.78 of the CCA that isn't applicable to most mobile phone contracts ( it applies to handset finance but not the ongoing service / useage contract )
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks, I sent that off today also. What are my next steps other than rating my defence?

Comment

I received a 5 page reply from Lowell today. I will try and upload attachments to this reply. I am yet to re read and fully understand what they are saying. Any help with this anyone please? Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

In my CPR 18 I asked for:

The Agreement.
                      The deed of assignment.
                      The default warning letter.
                      The default notice.
                      Termination notice.

In their response dated 10/05/17, they have included: the Notice of Assignment, dated 10/09/14 from Orange. Then 3 other sort of letters from Lowell, telling me Orange have sold my account to them, another saying that i had not repaid my Orange account and then another headed 'Notice of Acting'. They are dated 24/03/17.

So my questions.

Do they need to provide me with everything I asked for in my CPR 18 and have they done so? As far as I can see they haven't.

They say in the letter dated 10/05/17 near to the bottom 'the account has been place on hold... blah blah.. this provides you with a further 28 days from the service date of the claim form, this case being 1 May 2017 for you to respond to the Claim form.'

That is the part I'm struggling to understand, what does the above mean exactly? As the 1st of May has been and gone?

Any help is extremely appreciated, I'm worrying now on what my next steps are.

Attachments of letters mentioned are in my previous post above this one.

Thankyou.
                      Last edited by Funnyman21; 12th May 2017, 09:20:AM.

Comment

Your Defence filing deadline is 33 days from the claim Issue date. What is the claim Issue Date?
                        Thanks di. The issue date is the 27th of April 2017.

So would this make it the 30th of May?
                        According to my math, yes.

The claim is deemed to be served on the 5th calendar day after the issue date (CPR PD7E 5.7).
                        From there, 14 days to acknowledge.
                        If acknowledged, a further 14 days in which to submit a defence.
                        5+14+14=33
                        A futher extension of 28 days can be agreed between the parties; if so, the Defendant has to notify the court.
                        Last edited by charitynjw; 11th May 2017, 23:38:PM.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

They have provided the notice of assignment, that's it as far as I can see. they have indicated they have asked orange for the default notice and a statement of account - no mention of the original contract though.

I think the 1 May bit is a typo and they meant to give you an extension on the defence date, but the Maths even if that should be 1 June wouldn't work out, so I would therefore disregard that and file your defence on time.

From reading back I don't think you have a defence other than querying the right of Lowell to collect on the debt and querying the terms of the contract and how the amount claimed has been reached. Lowell will know nothing about the history of the account at this stage.

Get your defence written and a draft up on here. Once that's in we can see what action Lowell take if any over the next month or so and then, if Lowell proceed, consider what your options are to avoid a CCJ.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                            According to my math, yes.

The claim is deemed to be served on the 5th calendar day after the issue date (CPR PD7E 5.7).
                            From there, 14 days to acknowledge.
                            If acknowledged, a further 14 days in which to submit a defence.
                            5+14+14=33
                            A futher extension of 28 days can be agreed between the parties; if so, the Defendant has to notify the court.
                            That makes sense I will make sure i post my defence, do I do this a few days earlier? I.e 27th/28th?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            They have provided the notice of assignment, that's it as far as I can see. they have indicated they have asked orange for the default notice and a statement of account - no mention of the original contract though.

I think the 1 May bit is a typo and they meant to give you an extension on the defence date, but the Maths even if that should be 1 June wouldn't work out, so I would therefore disregard that and file your defence on time.

From reading back I don't think you have a defence other than querying the right of Lowell to collect on the debt and querying the terms of the contract and how the amount claimed has been reached. Lowell will know nothing about the history of the account at this stage.

Get your defence written and a draft up on here. Once that's in we can see what action Lowell take if any over the next month or so and then, if Lowell proceed, consider what your options are to avoid a CCJ.
                            Thanks Amethyst, I will be getting on with my defence tonight and will post up my drafted version once completed.

Comment

Some folks prefer to leave filing until the last minute.
                              Others prefer to err on the safe side & file earlier.
                              Your choice.....but make sure that it is on time.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

filing too early could lead the claimant filing a defence which trashes yours = game over or a long hectic time to try and change contents of defence = remember "More Haste = Less Speed" the day before due is best

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X