• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

No this all sounds great! I appreciate any help but also feel like time is running out and should have had these letters sorted weeks ago. Thankyou for your reply and look forward to the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Funnyman21 View Post
      I appreciate any help but also feel like time is running out and should have had these letters sorted weeks ago. Thankyou for your reply and look forward to the help.
      I completely understand how you feel. Most people feel the same when a claim form drops on the mat especially if it relates to a debt from the past which has come back to haunt them when they thought it was all dead and buried.

You say this account was opened when you were "younger and stupid" . Believe it or not I have been younger and stupid too

You say you took out the contract online, received the hanset and SIM card but never used the sim so never 'livened up' the phone to make calls etc. However you may have 'livened up' the contract which is why it's important to know what the contract said.

What happened to the handset and was it returned at any stage? It seems not from your first post.

You also say this happened about 5 years ago but can you stop and think whether it may have been 6 or more years ago.

Not all mobile phone providers report to all of the Credit Reference Agencies but it might help if you check on Noddle (it's free to use) to see if that gives you any clues.

You're not running out of time.

You have 19 days from the claim Issue Date (26th April?) to file your AOS and you've already done that.

You now have 33 days from your claim Issue Date to file your Defence.

Di

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance. I didn'the return the handset and sold it on a few years later. I know it definitely hasn't been more than 6 years but around 5, maybe a little less. I'll check noddle as you said and see if I can find anything. Sorry what is AOS?

Thankyou

Comment

UPDATE:

I have checked Noddle and I have 1 default that says Lowell with the balance of £597 my date of birth is wrong by one year, making me a year older than I am. Account start date: 29/11/12 Date of default: 03/07/2013 and also says account type: Telecommunications Supplier.

Comment

Sorry what is AOS?
            Acknowledgement of Service.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I didn'the return the handset and sold it on a few years later. I know it definitely hasn't been more than 6 years
              They may know that because of the IMEI number for the handset if/when the buyer put in a SIM card.

The fact you sold the handset may not need to be disclosed. But what you want to avoid is a DJ taking a negative view of the situation if you acquired a handset for free and then sold it for a profit.

Di

Comment

Thanks. I wasn't intending on mentioning anything about what happened to the phone but thought I'd be honest here. Is anyone able to advise me whether the CPR 18 is good enough or what stuff to remove before its sent off? I'm not asking for someone to do it for me but if parts aren't relevant or need to be corrected then it would be a great help if someone could point them out to me.
                Last edited by Funnyman21; 1st May 2017, 18:12:PM.

Comment

I'm sure one of the Beagles will help you with your next step now that the history is a little clearer.

Di

Comment

Thanks everyone. No help with he CPR letter so I I'll be posting it as it is today.. not sure what I'll get out of it but worth a try as I've already clicked defend the case online. Will report back what hey reply. Thankyou

Comment

What date should I file my defence and when should I start it? Thankyou

Comment

round about 28th May i,e, 33 days after to acknowledged, but submit it a day before that will stop them trashing your defence , before they submit, can put to-gether your defence albeit amend as necessary if needed due to possible events.

Defence Example

Comment

Thanks Mike, I will start this tomorrow.

Comment

Would a cpr 31 request help in my circumstance?

Comment

What date should I file my defence and when should I start it?
                              Your Defence filing deadline is 33 days from the claim Issue date. What is the claim Issue Date?

You can start it now if it helps you to feel more in control of the situation but see it as a draft Defence until you're ready to file the final version just before the deadline.

Di
                              Last edited by Diana M; 2nd May 2017, 21:39:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                                Your Defence filing deadline is 33 days from the claim Issue date. What is the claim Issue Date?

You can start it now if helps you to feel more in control of the situation but see it as a draft Defence until you're ready to file the final version just before the deadline.

Di
                                Thanks di. The issue date is the 27th of April 2017.

So would this make it the 30th of May?

I heard somewhere you should file your defence 28 days from the claim date so that it isn't too close to the deadline?

I have started my defence tonight so that I can get it right.

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X