• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    witness is 1 yourself

aways agree to mediation - shows willing not to waste courts time if things settled there

under £10.000 claims always small claims
    I have now sent off the directions questionnaire. I noticed at the bottom of the letter it says 'and serve copies on all other parties.' I realised that I'm meant to send one to Lowell's aswell? Having sent off the original how would i do this now? Thankyou

Comment

did you copy all letters etc

Comment

did you copy all letters etc
        I did copy everything apart from the directions questionnaire. Do I need to send copies to Lowell too then? Thankyou

Comment

usual you do if stated on forms

Comment

CPR 26.3(1)(b)(ii)
            (ii) require the parties to file a completed directions questionnaire and serve copies on all other parties;
            https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part26
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

So how do I go about serving the directions questionnaire to Lowell's then? As far as I can see that's the only document I need to send them, but that's the only one I didn't copy? Can anyone help please?

Comment

What happens next? I am still waiting 5o hear back from the directions questionnaire but how long does this usually take? Thankyou

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the following email says simply? Sorry I'm all new to this and have no idea what mediation even Is? Any help is greatly appreciated, thankyou
                  Attached Files

Comment

usual you do if stated on forms
                    Any help at all with this? I have no idea what mediation is or if I need to ring them etc? Just looking for a point in the right direction please

Comment

mediation asking you make an appointm,ent suitable to you, they would be the man in the middle who relays questions between you and the other side, they will ask you if you have all the documents needed to continue, if documents outstanding then they would just inform you case unsuitable for mediation and the case gets passed back to court for next stage.

also in some cases mediation can sit in and say you try an agree a settlement by instalments etc then that mediation could take place = just an instance

Comment

mediation asking you make an appointm,ent suitable to you, they would be the man in the middle who relays questions between you and the other side, they will ask you if you have all the documents needed to continue, if documents outstanding then they would just inform you case unsuitable for mediation and the case gets passed back to court for next stage.

also in some cases mediation can sit in and say you try an agree a settlement by instalments etc then that mediation could take place = just an instance
                        Thank you that makes sense. I have another question though.

I have denied the debt and obviously agreed to defend..
                        so wouldn't it be a bit stupid on my part to accept instalments?

I'm just curious as obviously I know this debt exists and I do owe it. But I haven't had all the documents I asked for in letters sent out to Lowell so there for I cannot access if the debt exists in theory?

Do I relate this to the mediator or will this prompt Lowell to stump up these documents?

Thabkypu for your response, it helps a lot!

Comment

the point I mentioned just meant that if the case ok different to your as you state disputing - then it allows in cases where people want to sort a case out with an agreement to repay a certain figure or method without the case going to court, ex:- no CCJ etc

the court would subject to the Judge order Lowells to supply documents by a certain date, the onus being on them to prove documents/etc exist

Comment

the point I mentioned just meant that if the case ok different to your as you state disputing - then it allows in cases where people want to sort a case out with an agreement to repay a certain figure or method without the case going to court, ex:- no CCJ etc

the court would subject to the Judge order Lowells to supply documents by a certain date, the onus being on them to prove documents/etc exist
                            Hi, thanks for that. So do I tell the mediator I haven't received all documents so I cannot mediate? Sorry struggling to understand this bit as I'm afraid if I agree to instalments then they have won without giving me everything I need? Can anyone advise me which is the best way to go about this? Thank you everyone

Comment

all the mediator will ask you is = have you all the documents you need to proceed, you will state no = they then will state that mediation cannot commence and pass the case back to the court system to go to the next stage, do not panick lowells etc do this all the time hoping you cave in, they are like the mafia with a licence to cheat.

Comment

all the mediator will ask you is = have you all the documents you need to proceed, you will state no = they then will state that mediation cannot commence and pass the case back to the court system to go to the next stage, do not panick lowells etc do this all the time hoping you cave in, they are like the mafia with a licence to cheat.
                                Thanks Mike, you have been a huge help! This all makes sense to me now and I can't thank everyone enough for the help I've received.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X