• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

I had a phone call from the courts asking if i woild consider mediation, in my response i stated I hadn't received all documents that I asked for in my CPR request and that I wouldn't be able to start mediation without them. They said I could transfer it to court immediately or wait the 16 remaining days to see if they provide the information and then the judge will decide. Do I need to send another letter to Lowell asking for the Agreement and the Default notice? Thanks

Comment

NO it is up to them no reminders

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        NO it is up to them no reminders
        That's good to know, so now I will wait to hear what happens next. Thank you everyone for helping me through this.

Comment

Hi, finally I have heard back. I received a letter today woth the heading 'Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing). The court date is on a date i will be working so what can be done about that? When it says I need to deliver copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely at the hearing, what does this mean? Do I need to write a witness statement? Also it says that I could apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed? I'm all new to this as you can see so thank you for any help. I have recently got a new job so this is not needed right now. Thankyou again

Comment

The court date is on a date i will be working so what can be done about that? =

Turn up at court they are not going to not deal with just because you are working, ! be serious here!

Comment

The court date is on a date i will be working so what can be done about that? =

Turn up at court they are not going to not deal with just because you are working, ! be serious here!
              Ok, I will tell work that I need to attend court on that day. Can anyone advise me on which documents need to be sent to who? I'm guessing copies go to Lowell and the Court? What is a witness statement and do I need to write one up? Any help would be great, I would hate to turn up in court and not know what I'm doing.. thanks again everyone

Comment

Guides |

Comment

witness statement is as per defence but with a far more detailed information regarding your case for defending and includes reference to letters / agreements / or lack of i.e. on such and such a date I requested CCA etc etc recorded delivery signed for (copy of signature) and so on , I am sure a request on here will assist you if you lay out a statement (minus person account details etc)

- - - Updated - - -

and follow court request to the letter within time limits

Comment

I will start my witness statement tonight then and post it up here. Thank you for your help. Which documents need to be sent to Lowell and the Court? Is it just my cpr 18 and cpr 31 letters? Thanks

Comment

• Re: Lowell Claim Form Northampton Court *HELP*

copy witness statement/document request letters ?

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Comment

Thankyou and here is a copy of the letter i received from the Court.
                        Attached Files

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ness-Statement
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you, I will try my best at getting one drafted up. I will post it up here to see what everyone thinks.

Comment

all the mediator will ask you is = have you all the documents you need to proceed, you will state no = they then will state that mediation cannot commence and pass the case back to the court system to go to the next stage, do not panick lowells etc do this all the time hoping you cave in, they are like the mafia with a licence to cheat.
                              Most cases are resolved by default, sad, but true.

Comment

Hi, so i've been struggling with my witness statement but have drafted one up finally. Here it is if someone could have a look through for me please? Thanks again.

In the [NORTHAMPTON OR MY LOCAL COURT?] County Court Claim Number:00000000
                                Between
                                Lowell Portfolio LTD Claimant
                                -and-
                                [MY NAME] Defendant

Witness statement of [MY NAME]

I [FULL NAME AND FULL ADDRESS?] being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;
                                1. I make this witness statement in support of my defence in the claim.
                                2. On the 26th of April 2017, I received a Claim Form from the Northampton County Court Business Centre for the amount of £775.42
                                3. There were no details shown about when the alleged default occurred or how the sums claimed have occurred.
                                4. This claim appears to be for an agreement between Orange and myself supposedly taken out under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 however I do not recall taking out or signing any credit agreement at that time and do not hold a copy of the agreement or terms of that agreement.
                                5. On the 3rd of May 2017 I made a written request to the Claimant’s solicitors, Lowell Portfolio LTD of PO BOX 1419, Northampton, NN2 1BU requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in my CPPR 18 [EXHIBIT A] I also requested a copy of the Credit Agreement as entitled to do so under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
                                6. On the 4th of May I then sent out a further request to the Claimants solicitors, Lowell Portfolio LTD of PO BOX 1419, Northampton, NN21BU for further inspection of the documents mentioned in my CPR31.14 [EXHIBIT B]
                                7. On the 10th of May 2017, I received a letter back[EXHIBIT C] from the Claimant/Claimants solicitors to my written request without all of the requested documents.
                                8. I have received what appears to be the Notice of Assignment but not the Agreement, Letter of termination, the default notice or the termination notice as requested in my CPR18 & CPR31.14 requests. [EXHIBIT A & EBHIBIT B]
                                9. The Claimant has mentioned the credit Agreement, the default Notice and the assignment in its Statement of Case and yet it has failed to supply these documents despite my entitlement to inspect these documents.
                                10. The Claimants pleaded case is that the Defendant entered into an Agreement with Orange under account reference 000. I am unable to determine if this is a genuine debt as I do not have any information relating to this particular debt. It is therefor essential that I have sight of the Agreeement and all relevant documents listed within this statement that is relied upon by the Claimant to be able to accurately identify to what the claim refers.

Statement of Truth

I, [NAME], the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.
                                Signed
                                Dated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X