• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Not being paid for work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not being paid for work

I've recently started working at a holiday park on a seasonal contract and pay day has finally arrived, however I've not been paid. I began work on the 17th and filled in all papers handed to me. The payroll is on the 19th so I was within the the pay boundary for that month, and was told by my boss that I would be paid the same month. After realising I wasn't paid I went to the payroll woman, and she explained that because I was new she didn't want to risk paying me just in case I left before I did those few weeks left of work. This leaves me with no money for food and fuel.

Surely what she is saying applies to others too, so is she risking paying others for days that they may not do after the 19th?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anything I can do at all or will I just have to wait until next month's pay day
    Tags: None

Re: Not being paid for work

What does it say in your contract about how your salary is paid - is it on a weekly or monthly basis? If the latter you sometimes find that companies who run a monthly payroll have a cut-off point at a time slightly earlier in the month than pay day, so anyone joining between the cut-off point and pay day will miss being paid their first month will have to wait until the pay date the following month to get paid.

I would suggest asking your employer if they could effectively give you an advance payment of your salary for the time you have worked so far. That way they are not having any risk because you have already worked that time and you will have some money to keep you going until you are next due to get paid.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X