• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court claim letter over parking fine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court claim letter over parking fine.

Hi everyone, first time poster in urgent need of advice and/or help!

This morning I recieved a 'claim form' from Northampton County Court Business Centre over an unpaid parking fine last year from Parking Control Management. I ignored the initial 'fine' after researching online that'd they usually wouldn't take the matter to court.

The POC states I incurred parking charges on 25/11/2016 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at Salisbury village. The defendant was driving the vehicle and/or is the keeper of the vehicle. The claim amounts to £239.

The driver parked on the street outside housing, whilst popping into University. The only sign visible stated it was private land and to 'see signage in parking areas'. The parking sign wasn't clear and didn't specify the driver wasn't allowed to park. This was the only sign in the vicinity.

I would greatly appreciate some advice as to what to do, I've read through some threads and forums and they're quite complex.

Regards
    Tags: None

Re: County Court claim letter over parking fine.

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] Any comments would be hugely appreciated as I've seen some of your great work on previous threads.

Comment

File acknowledgement of service. Do you have the PCN, pictures of signs etc which you can sanitise and post up ? Also the claim form.

M1

Comment

Thanks for replying [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]
        Here's the PCN:

Here's the claim form:

Here's the original image i took last year of the only sign i could see in the vicinity, it states 'see signs in parking areas' :

I've taken a photo of where i was parked in relation to that sign:

I revisited the site today to see if i could find different signage, i found this on the other side of the road further down:

Here is where i was parked in relation to that sign, my car is bottom left of the image :

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to whether its worth defending. Also, would there likely be any additional costs if it's taken to court other than the fine?

Comment

Yes it's worth defending.

http://www.parking-prankster.com/case-law.html se #35 & 36

Also http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...795#post723795

Let me know if you want me to suggest a defence.

M1

Comment

Have you checked if the road is actually private and not council? The signs and markings are oh so typical of council.

What is the location? The ticket says "Salisbury Village but Google Maps just flags up Salisbury.

Comment

Thank you for the links, I read both cases & have previously followed that thread, it looks quite promising. Yes I would greatly appreciate a suggested defence. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                Have you checked if the road is actually private and not council? The signs and markings are oh so typical of council.

What is the location? The ticket says "Salisbury Village but Google Maps just flags up Salisbury.
                +1 check with the council. there appear to be normal road signs which there shouldn't be on private roads.

File acknowledgement of service and i'll get back to you.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  +1 check with the council. there appear to be normal road signs which there shouldn't be on private roads.

M1
                  Apologies for the delay I've been at work. I've emailed the council, and I'll ring them first thing Monday. Also filed AOS.

What's the significance if the road is council owned - Does this mean that PCM aren't actually allowed to issue me the ticket on that road?

Comment

If it's an adopted road then PCM are acting illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
                      I've just been informed that the street is a private road.

Comment

Who by ? The council ?

Do you have pictures of the signs at all or have you found it on google street view?
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello, thanks for replying.

Sorry i should've made that clearer - i initially contacted the council but they forwarded me to the land registry.

The only pictures i have of the signs are the ones i initially posted further up the thread.

Comment

Log into money claims online and create a government gateway account so you can log in. Once this is done you can complete the acknowledgement of service. Don't put anything in the box marked defence, this gives you an extra 14 days (28 in total) to sort a defence

Comment

Originally posted by Gevans67 View Post
                              Log into money claims online and create a government gateway account so you can log in. Once this is done you can complete the acknowledgement of service. Don't put anything in the box marked defence, this gives you an extra 14 days (28 in total) to sort a defence
                              Hi. I've filed AOS online last week.

I just checked and I ticked the box ' I intend to defend all of this claim'. There was a choice of three - defend, defend part of, or contest jurisdiction.

I presumed i am defending the claim as I'm awaiting a suggested defence from [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Regards, Taylor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X