• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Investigation - taken over a year!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investigation - taken over a year!

Completely spurious claim raised by a few junior member of staff. Without going into detail, they were doing something that they knew they shouldn't be and I reminded them of their responsibilities. Seems they took it badly and have got their heads together and formulated a complaint about something they've made up. Unfortunately, it happens a lot and staff know they can cause an awful lot of trouble by doing this.

That was a year ago. In that time, meetings get cancelled because someone is off sick or on holidays. HR are completely useless as are the union. I just want it sorted out. It just seems that no-one is particularly interested in getting this sorted.

Last straw was this week. I employed for a job in another area (with same employer). Went well and they offered me the job, pending reference from my manager. Unfortunately, manager had no choice but to advise the new department of the investigation. Offer was withdrawn. Although they deny this is the reason its obvious.

So because of this I've lost a job. What can I do to escalate this to force employer to get his sorted?
    Tags: None

Re: Investigation - taken over a year!

I am sorry to hear that you have been apparently under investigation for so long without any conclusion.

I suggest that it is time you get some confirmation as to what is actually going on since it may have had an impact on you getting a job in another area. Therefore you should write to (and keep a copy of the letter) or email your HR department and ask them the following questions:

1. Is there still an investigation being conducted into allegations that have been made against you?
    2. If so why is it taking so long i.e. a year?
    3. If so what is the current status of the investigation
    4. What is the anticipated timescale in which you can expect to hear back about the outcome of the investigation.

That may start to shed some light on the situation or at least highlight to HR that this is unresolved and needs to be dealt with.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
      I am sorry to hear that you have been apparently under investigation for so long without any conclusion.

I suggest that it is time you get some confirmation as to what is actually going on since it may have had an impact on you getting a job in another area. Therefore you should write to (and keep a copy of the letter) or email your HR department and ask them the following questions:

1. Is there still an investigation being conducted into allegations that have been made against you?
      2. If so why is it taking so long i.e. a year?
      3. If so what is the current status of the investigation
      4. What is the anticipated timescale in which you can expect to hear back about the outcome of the investigation.

That may start to shed some light on the situation or at least highlight to HR that this is unresolved and needs to be dealt with.
      Thanks Ula. Already done that - the answers I got were.

1. Yes we're hoping to finalise in next week or so (been saying this since january).
      2. Because necessary managers are off sick. (Seems one person is off and it grinds to a halt, the come back then someone else is off on hols/sick so it never gets done).
      3. See (1)
      4. See (1) - promises all the time then more excuses as above.

HR do not seem in the slightest bit interested. It looks very much like they seem happy to blame people being off causing the delay. Having spoken to them a number of times they're attitude is "sorry but its not our fault x is off sick, then y was on leave etc".

Comment

When did you last correspond with HR about this?
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Every week for the last 3-4. Before that every few weeks to chase. So last time would have been about a week ago. Same old same old from them. Someone else off sick now.

Comment

I would suggest that you formerly write to your HR department expressing your disappointment that you are still in a situation of being "under investigation" which has continued for a year and that you are finding this situation untenable and insensitive. Therefore if they do not confirm the answers to the questions raised within 5 working days then you will have no option but to take the matter further.

My view would be that if this does not get their attention then you raise a grievance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X