• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link financial

Hi can any one advise I had a credit card with barclaycard and got behind with payments I sent up a plan with them paying £100 a month then I received a letter from them saying link finance taking over the debt and to carry on the same payments
    I had a letter from link saying the same and I have paid them for the last 6 months today I received a account statement and a arrears information sheet it lists the amount outstanding and the payments I have made thee is no interest being added to the debt
    At the bottom it says as I defaulted with the original debt the amount due is and it shows the full amount and says if not done so then call us to talk about my account, does this mean that I can not pay the agreed amount anymore and they want the full balance or is it a normal statement of account?
    Tags: None

Re: Link financial

Hi
    I do not quite understand so probably my fault

You had a debt with BC, they sold it to Link

You have paid every month

Do the payments you have made show up on the statement sent by Link?

Comment

Yes they transferred it to link and have a standing order every month now to link this has been paid for the last 6 months

Comment

So do the payments you have made show on the standing order?

I am guessing this must be quite a large balance so ..

Have you ever sent a CCA (S78) request , if not its worth doing now I think

When was the account opened, its worth asking because it really is relevant

I do wonder, why, if you are paying £100 a month , have BC sold it - possibly them just tidying their files of older accounts but its worth trying to find out, hence my suggestion of a CCA request to Link

Comment

Do I call them or take this as a statement and carry on paying the same amount every month?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the statement shows all my payments by standing order of £100 per month the balance is £3600
          Do you mean when was the bc account opened, this I am unsure about

Comment

As I can't see what was sent I can not suggest anything as i do not know exactly what it says

Comment

It's called a statement of account it lists all the dates and the payments and then at bottom it says notice of sums in arrears this notice is given in compliance with consumer credit act 1971because you are in arrears with your payments under this agreement then it says the balance and the current arrears represents the outstanding balance as you have failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the original agreement so the full amount has become due

Comment

I've just received the same letter and I'm equally as confused as to whether it's suggesting I to renegotiate my repayment plan or if it's trying to just spook me into proactively offering more.

I've attached a scan of the letter I received.

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X