• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unscupulous Monarch Airlines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unscupulous Monarch Airlines

I took a return flight three years ago with Monarch, and was booked to receive special assistance on both flights.
    On outward flight I was seated directly in front of a disruptive passenger who intermitently proceeded to verbally abuse and kick & slapped the back of my seat, this got quite alarming I did try to draw attention to her but she was just banned from drinking this did not stop her lary behaviour throughout the flight. My fellow passenger had to swap seats for the last 45 minutes of the flight it got so bad. The flight attendant did nothing to stop her.

I was also denied special assistance on both flights contrary to being promised it.

I complained and asked for a refund even got the CAA involved and was offered a voucher to the value of £150.

I did not use it but recently when I enquired into a flight to Egypt and to use this voucher as part payment. my request was denied as they no longer fly to Egypt so I asked to use it toward a package holiday and I was shocked to be refused that option. I then just asked for it to be refunded and again I have been refused.

They are being mealymouthed and refusing to listen or allow the refund.

This is very frustrating and has been ongoing since 2014. I have written to the CEO Mr Swaffield but he just gave it to middle manager to deal with who just repeated the same information no refund or refund of the compensation or part payment toward a Monarch holidays package would be allowed.

To me they are being very unreasonable and unscrupulous by not moving forward or providing a resolution.

They are a very reprehensible airline and treat passengers as a commodity not humans who have paid for a reasonable standard of service. The reviews are equally telling.

I am seriously thinking of filing for a small claims court hearing.

Any Advice would be welcome.
    Last edited by Kati; 27th April 2017, 15:09:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X