• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination of pcp Renault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination of pcp Renault

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience of this with Renault. Husband is getting a company car so even though we originally intended to keep his for good, we no longer need it or have a place to keep it. We are about 10,000 over in miles. Otherwise car is in good condition. We are late on a service but I intend to get thsy done before going ahead with VT. I can tell the brakes will need doing when MOT comes up in June or July. Would they try to charge us for brakes? Also will they claim it's not been taken reasonable care of if we're late on a service. I keep meaning to have it does but we have 2 very small children and things just kept coming up. Coincidentally we are almost bang on 50% of total.amount payable, £70 short. Would we have to pay this to bring it to half before going ahead or would they jist charge us that? The is a small tear in seat fabric by isofix connection as the isofix on our sons seat is very sharp. I will expect a bill for that.
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary termination of pcp Renault

I would suggest you get your VT in asap if you feel like the brakes may need doing. They will not tend to look at the mechanical side of the vehicle but more the cosmetic side. I would also expect them to bill you for the 10,000 miles extra. Definitely get a service in as soon as possible. Has the car been serviced regularly?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

It has, just the most recent one is late. Cosmetically it is OK. It's just that small tear of seat fabric. I'm not sure if it's worth getting that fixed ourselves so they don't try to charge the earth. Theoretically they can't actually make you pay the extra milage though can they or will they argue because service is late they can?

Comment

They'll argue the excess mileage anyway as it's a money maker for them to recoup additional monies above and beyond the VT - not that it can be claimed back but no doubt they will say the excess mileage has made the car in an unreasonable condition though they never provide proof. A court would require proof to back up that suggestion and its losses and an expert report, all of which is costly to them.

As for the seat fabric, is it noticeable from a distance or when you look very closely? If the car is not brand new then you can argue wear and tear or if it is brand new, you may be able to agrue wear and tear and simply ignore it. I don't know what the cost of having it replaced is but if its a relatively low amount you could get it fixed or wait and see if they try to charge you for it, which have to be reasonable charges.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

It's not too obvious, but yeah could argue it's from the pressure of the metal isofix bars pushing on seat. It's a 13 plate and we got it 1 year old with 15000 miles on it. I'm just trying to decide if we just pay it off and sell it privately and take the £1000 approx negative equity hit or if they are going to harass us for milage and try to charge for stuff if it's worth the stress and fight. I've seen a few comments on Internet saying Renault have been quite good to deal with. It says on their website to call them if you're considering a VT so it would be interesting to know what they will tell you.

Comment

Hi Purviem1, I'm in exactly the same position with a 64 plate Clio. I need to pay a bit more to get to the 50% but I am just about to proceed with VT. I recently paid for a repair of a broken door handle, some new tyres and brakes ahead of it's service which is due next month along with the first MOT. I am planning on VT the agreement before this.

But I too am over on mileage considerably - Around 10,000 like yourself. Debating whenether it's easier to take the loss and sell to a dealer, making up the shortfall on negative equity myself. My rough calculations are that this would be similar to the amount I would have to pay to VT and the additional mileage if they were successful in claiming this from me.

Have you made a decision?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X