• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is Court Case Claim Valid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Court Case Claim Valid?

A county court claim has been sent to my old company registered address which is for £7000 on 5th April. I was unaware of this claim until today as the registered address is just a forwarding address and the documents were only forwarded to me today.
    The company was dissolved on the 18th of April and hadn't traded since January. I had informed the supplier of this in writing in January with a letter from the company's registered address
    The supplier claims I am personally liable and has issued proceedings but without my knowledge by using the company address which is totally unconnected with me personally.
    The deadline for acknowledging this action passed on the 19th of April (14 days after service) which means I am at risk of a default judgement.
    I am wondering if this is a valid county court claim since it has gone to an address which I am not personally connected with? Should I defend this personally or would it not be connected to me due to the address not appearing on my credit file?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am worried about what to do next.
    Thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X