• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED v DIANA MAYHEW - WIN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED v DIANA MAYHEW - WIN

Originally posted by Achilles View Post
    But surely that's the point. No matter which of these it was surely it's still criminal to do this. Why is no-one complaining about this to the police?
    The thing is, if you actually make an accusation of fraud that is very very serious and moves the whole debate into the grounds of the criminal justice system.

I would suspect that if a Judge thought there was fraud he would be bound to inform authorities however that is just a guess

Comment

Qutoe "We've seen recon Default Notices signed by an employee who didn't even work for the creditor at the time - they joined the company two years later when their career moves were checked on LinkedIn."

I have a claim against me at the moment with these people and they have supplied me a default notice that is also signed by an employee that hadn't started until 4 years after the default notice date. I also check Linkedin

Comment

PRA GROUP (UK) Limited were again defeated today in Truro County Court when the District Judge dismissed the claim having found that they -

1. had not proved assignment so no legal right to bring the claim
        2. had not proved service of a Default Notice despite producing a reconstituted document
        3. were in breach of section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Another happy client!

Comment

PRA claim they bought my credit card account balance, and served a claim through the court. Their claim states that 'Notices of Assignment were sent to the Defendant in accordance with S136 Law of Property Act 1925' - it was not received. When I first had contact from them I was unaware of them and had never entered into any agreement with the company. I sent them a formal CCA request with the £1 fee, and they did not respond. I followed up with the same request two more times. PRA did not send any of these documents to me. I put in my defence and sent my witness statement to them and the court. I then received their witness statement together with a huge bundle of paperwork claiming to be the assignment etc.....This was the first time I had seen such paperwork and much of it is redacted. My question is; is this lawful at this stage of the proceedings?

Comment

It’s been a long time since anyone has posted here and sure if the original person is still about but I’ve been battling PRA since March and they now threaten legal action. Similar story, no evidence of deed or chose in action. Many claims and statements without evidence. I think 2024 will see them file a claim in county court but I’m hoping I can defend it. Not nearly as much though, 5k in total.
            no offer or adr/mediation either, they are ruthless

Comment

Start your own thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X