• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA account managers and full investigation...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA account managers and full investigation...

e-mail sent but proof of delivery????????>>> send Postal Order seperate then it would be taken as payment no doubt for the account, as two seperate items

Comment

Ok. I'm new to this (if you haven't already worked that out!)
      thanks.

Comment

we all were once

Comment

Hi again!
          sent my letter and PO several days ago, as recommended and this morning had a voicemail from PRA asking me to call.
          This was an actual person, not the automated message...I'm not going to call as I'd prefer everything to be in writing, but does anyone have any idea why there's a change of method?

thanjs, RM

Comment

correct

Comment

The smart money says 'no' to responding via phone communication or texts.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi again!
                Just had a response from PRA...
                Trying to attach it
                Attached Files

Comment

Anyone?
                  I'd love to know what this means now...

Comment

Hi
                    I suppose I have to ask, did you ask for the deed of assignment or deed of novation?

From reading you post it seems you only sent a CCA request . Did you use the one linked for you by charity?

If I had seen the post I would have suggested sending a response to the LBA , I'll post it anyway - up to you if you send it
                    Dear Sirs
                    Ref: xxxxxx
                    Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx As the letter contains a threat of litigation, it is being treated as a formal letter before action. As such, I refer you to paragraph 3 of the Practice Direction Pre-Action Conduct, which states: “before commencing proceedings, the court will expect the parties to have exchanged sufficient information to (a) understand each other’s position; (b) make decisions about how to proceed;”
                    Paragraph 6 states “the parties should exchange correspondence and information to comply with the objectives“ and Paragraph 6 (c) of refers to “the parties disclosing key documents relevant to the issues in dispute.” My request refers to the documents I require to obtain the necessary information to assess my position in this case.
                    I require copies of the following:
                    1. The original Agreement;
                    2.The Default Notice;
                    3.The Notice of Assignment
                    4.The Deed of Assignment
                    5.Statements of account;
                    These documents would be expected to be supplied if proceedings were issued and would likely be in your possession if you were issuing a claim. If you consider that there is difficulty in providing a copy of a document, please identify that document and the reason.
                    In addition a S78 request was sent on xx/xx/xx receipt has been acknowledged and I am waiting on a formal response.
                    I shall being able to provide you with a full response to your letter within 14 days of receipt of the documents listed above and also reserve the right to refer to the contents of this letter if proceedings are issued without first providing copy documents to me.
                    Yours faithfully,

Comment

As for them saying they will not provide the deed of assignment , I have news for them. They were forced to in this case

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ANA-MAYHEW-WIN

Comment

Hi again! Just checking this works!

Comment

Ok, it does!
                          Just had my CCA from PRA re the debt I started this thread on.

almost two years after my initial request.
                          However, there’s no date and no signature from either me or the original creditor. Does this mean it’s unenforceable? The CCA was taken in 2010.

many thanks!

Comment

Here’s the covering letter.
                            Attached Files

Comment

They took their time to come up with that.

You also asked them for other documents originally
                              2.The Default Notice;
                              3.The Notice of Assignment
                              5.Statements of account;
                              so you could respond asking for those as well.

The agreement can be a recon of the original, but it must be accurate.

Did you send a SAR to Halifax when you sent the CCA request to compare dates/docs/interest rates etc against.

Has your situation now improved enough to make a reduced settlement or installment offer to prevent this proceeding to court ( though that hasn't been threatened as yet has it? )
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I don’t think I asked Halifax for anything.

should I ask for the default notice and assignment notice?

i could go in with a low-ball offer of £100 and see what they say. It seems they’re angling for some reduced amount.

Thanjs!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X