• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim form Lowell Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim form Lowell Solicitors

Hi, I need help with a court claim form Northampton County Court.

I took out a Vanquis Card awhile ago and struggled to pay this debt when I lost my job along time ago.

I have been issued a claim form which I received yesterday Sat 23/04/2017,

I'm not in a position to pay the full amount but need some guidance about how to fill in the form. I don't want a ccj against me as I am frightened I might loose my job if my new employers found this out.

I have been hounded by letters from Lowell Solicitors about this debt I owe and the amount is £887.11 which is the total amount.

Can anyone give me some advice as I have read alot about Lowell Soilcitors and Vanquis.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim form Lowell Solicitors

Good evening, welcome to LB.

Have you acknowledged service of the claim as you have only a short time to do so?

Do this online at the MCOL site instructions are on the court forms.

Acknowledge and enter intention to defend in full But do not enter any defence at this stage.

Lowell Solicitors is the in house " legal" department for the Lowell Group of companies which company is the claimant?
    What is the date of issue on the claim?

When did payments cease on the account, do you know the default date?

You need to send the claimant a request for a copy of the agreement ( CCA Request) there's a template in the green box at the to of the court claim forum.

A £1 statutory fee is required use a postal order marked "for statutory fee only" and send by signed for post.

Now please either post a copy of the N1 claim form after removing your name / address and the claim number or type in the particulars of claim word for word.

nem

Comment

Hi,

Thank you so much for your fast response to answer the following.

issue date 19/04/2017

I will go on line now and acknowledge the court form and not enter a defence yet.

The Claimant is LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD.

I am not sure when the last payment was made or when there was a default,

There is a mention on the claim form the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 30/08/2012 for £701.03.

Comment

[QUOTE=mossip;723122]Hi,

Thank you so much for your fast response to answer the following.

issue date 19/04/2017

OK,

A free credit file check is what you need to do to see if what shows up, you can do this free online with Noddle or Clear Score please come back with what you find.

nem

I will go on line now and acknowledge the court form and not enter a defence yet.

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have tried to log onto the MCOL site as instructed on the claim form but the claim no and password say this is incorrect.

I tried it several times and got a friend to check that the number and password is correct.

Any advice please?

Comment

Originally posted by mossip View Post
            Hi Nem,

I have tried to log onto the MCOL site as instructed on the claim form but the claim no and password say this is incorrect.

I tried it several times and got a friend to check that the number and password is correct.

Any advice please?
            Hi, MCOL is prone to problems I'm afraid!

I suggest you call the Northampton CCBC tomorrow and explain that the system does not recognise the claim data the staff should be able to help you.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

I will call them tomorrow morning.
              Thank you once again for a fast response.

The issue date is 19/04/2017
              Claimant is LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
              I don't know the default date or the last date of payment.

Comment

Hi Nem,

I will call them tomorrow morning.
                Thank you once again for a fast response.

The issue date is 19/04/2017
                Claimant is LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
                HAPPY TO HELP!!

A free credit file check may throw up those details Noddle and Clear Score are free online.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

The particulars of claim are:-

1) The Defendant entered into a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement with Vanquis under account ref ..... ('the agreement')
                  2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default noticed was served and not complied with.
                  3) The agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 30/08/2012 and notice given to the Defendant.
                  4)Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £701.03 remains due and outstanding.
                  And the Claimant claims.
                  a) The said sum of£701.03
                  b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.154 but limited to one year being £56.08.
                  c) costs

Comment

Thanks again Nem,

I will check Noodle and Clear Score and follow your great advice you've been a great help and I feel much better for reading all the info.

I posted you a copy of the particulars of claim.

I'll ring the court tomorrow and send off the letter and fee tomorrow and keep you posted.

Thank you again and enjoy the rest of the evening,

Kind regards,

Mossip

Comment

Have a check of this - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...313#post499313 - The MCOL site isn't very clear that you have to register for government gateway first.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Nem,

The particulars of claim are:-

1) The Defendant entered into a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement with Vanquis under account ref ..... ('the agreement')
                        2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default noticed was served and not complied with.
                        3) The agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 30/08/2012 and notice given to the Defendant.
                        4)Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £701.03 remains due and outstanding.
                        And the Claimant claims.
                        a) The said sum of£701.03
                        b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.154 but limited to one year being £56.08.
                        c) costs

Good morning,

OK the two immediate tasks:
                        1. CCA Request for a copy of the agreement, a £1 statutory fee to pay use a postal order endorsed " for statutory fee only". This goes to the claimant by signed for post.

2. A request made under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 ( no fee) this is for the documents mentioned in the particulars of claimin your case these are:

a. The regulated agreement.

b. The Default Notice.

c.The Notice of Assignment.

This goes to the solicitor by signed for post.

You will find templates for the requests in the green box at the top of the court claim forum.
                        nem

Comment

A SAR to Vanquis will probably shed light on this.
                          http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ur-information
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, Nem,

Thank you for providing the information for the next step. Just to keep you updated.

1. I called the Northampton Court and they emailed me the AOS and the Defence on 2 separate emails the lady there was very helpful and I have returned the AOS.

2. The 2 immediate tasks will follow when I get home later today so I look up the template letter on the court claim form forum.

I'm just getting use to this site and the people who post threads so please bear with me and I appreciate your clear instructions I will go to the Post Office tomorrow am and get the postal order and send the CCA request.

I very much appreciate your help and support and I will keep you updated.

Kind regards,

Mossip

Comment

Hi, Nem,

Thank you for providing the information for the next step. Just to keep you updated.

1. I called the Northampton Court and they emailed me the AOS and the Defence on 2 separate emails the lady there was very helpful and I have returned the AOS.

2. The 2 immediate tasks will follow when I get home later today so I look up the template letter on the court claim form forum.

I'm just getting use to this site and the people who post threads so please bear with me and I appreciate your clear instructions I will go to the Post Office tomorrow am and get the postal order and send the CCA request.

I very much appreciate your help and support and I will keep you updated.

Kind regards,

Mossip
                              Happy to help!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X