• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement PCN

I'm posting this on behalf of my mother in law who has received a PCN for overstaying at a retail park from ANPR cameras.

She went out with her friends and it seems spent an age out shopping at the retail park. She didn't notice any signage (not to say there isn't any, I will go to the retail park in the week and have a look/photograph what they have.

Allegedly there is a 3 hour limit on free parking and she stayed around an extra 25 minutes.

The charge seems a bit excessive to me but probably standard these days. I will try and contact shops she went to but feel this may not get us far as it's a retail park with a number of shops in.

Is there a realistic chance of appealing this PCN? She is a regular customer of the retail park and a genuine one.

Tags: None

Re: Civil Enforcement PCN

Pretty decent chance to win at popla.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

M1

Comment

We returned to the car park today and they do appear to have lots of signage showing the 3hour maximum stay limit. We went into two stores on the retail park and spoke with the managers of stores that we have receipts for to show that we were a genuine customer and they both turned around and said there is nothing they can do. One tried to say it was the council (clueless) and the other just said there is simply nothing they can do.

We have submitted an appeal as per the link you provided. Will update when we get a response.

Many Thanks,

Comment

Hello,

We submitted the appeal to the email specific on their website and heard nothing back until now. In a letter dated the 22nd May 2017 they have sent a final reminder letter making no mention of the appeal or a popla code.

Could we have advice please on how to progress with this now.

Many Thanks

- I have prepared another follow up email which I have not yet sent:

Dear Sirs,

I have received your follow up Parking Charge 'Final reminder' dated 22nd May 2017.

As you will see from the email trail below we have already submitted an appeal on the 26th April 2017 against this charge notice. I also received an automatic reply confirming that the appeal had been received and a reply would be submitted by email.

As the registered keeper, I still wish to invoke your appeals procedure as the driver was a genuine customer. The receipts have also been attached to this email to support this.

I also note that the notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 9.

Should you reject this appeal, Please supply a popla code.

Yours Sincerely,

Sent: 26 April 2017 12:26
        To: appeals@ce-service.co.uk
        Subject: PCN Appeal

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a genuine customer (see attached receipts)

PCN No:
        PCN Issue Date: 19/04/2017

I note that the notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 9.

Should you reject my appeal, please supply a popla code.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Sounds like you did what i'd have suggested, asking wtf is going on as your appeal is outstanding.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X