• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Needed please. CCJ name change.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed please. CCJ name change.

Hello,

I had a CCJ claim form recently and defended this claim. I have today received the Directions form to complete and return which asks if I will agree to mediation. I have ticked yes to this and sent this form back to the Northampton county court today. - My defence was that the debt was statute barred - but after speaking to the solicitors who work on behalf of the claimant, It is not statute barred and this can be proven as I did actually make a token payment within the last 6 years (yes I forgot about this but now i do remember) -

However..... I have actually changed my name by deed poll - and changed my driving licence, passport and have been listed on the electoral register in my new name.... so no trace of my old name being used.

My question is, Is the CCJ claim actually against me? - my new name? What could happen? after all, any letters that are addressed in my previous name (that I do not recognise anymore) , so I wouldnt be in my right to open them or respond etc.... am i right in this?

I have no intention of declaring my previous name on any future applications that I make and will have my wages sent to my partners bank account, so will not need a new account etc.

If I ignore any further letters from the CCJ court, and judgment gets made against my previous name, and they try to get my previous name to give details of employment for an attachment of earnings order, or try to send bailiffs - all my official ID is in my new name with no mention of my old name, so have they got any way to pursue?

I would love to hear any thoughts.

Thanks.,
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X