• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Today I beat Ernest Wilson in court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I beat Ernest Wilson in court

Following to my post in September where Ernest wilson decided to invoice me for selling a business that I had sold myself, after promising me no commission charge, just to say that today I won. Despite offering them early settlement along the way, and them declining anything less than full, today they tried to settle early. I decided to fight it and the judge ruled in my favour.

My barrister was the key to this and I'm so greatful. The amount they were wrongly trying to charge me was no way near as much money as I've heard other people telling me about, but to myself and family £5000 was worth fighting. We did it, we won and tonight I am celebrating.
    Tags: None

Re: Today I beat Ernest Wilson in court

Well done !

Comment

well done

Comment

Thank you. Just hoping it will convince others that there is hope

Comment

Great news, well done. as you say it just may help others not to give in x

Comment

Congratulations.

Would you be able to share the arguments that helped you win your case in order to help others dealing with this ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Excellent news Runrabbit, well done.

Comment

nice going !

Comment

ernest wilson is trying this with me what the best to deal with there trying to rip people off . i paid them 800 pounds in full and sold my business private did you get your costs back have you got barrister name to hand please or could you help me with this i await your reply
                  Originally posted by Admin Edit:
                  For your own security I have removed your phone number as this is a public forum
                  Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd November 2017, 23:19:PM.

Comment

Hi all, after reading most of these comments, I am now wondering what to do.
                    november 2016 we put our business and property up on the market with Ernest and Wilson
                    After 6 months of not receiving a viewer or the only communication was my wife contacting them. I sent them a letter cancelling our contract (which I was told I could do) Then came the marketing bill that is non negotiable for over £1800, I finally sold the building in October 17 for half the price of what EW had it on the market for. I have now received a bill for £3900 plus vat plus the marketing fees as there now saying they sent brochures out to our buyer in dec 16... I was willing to fight this all the way whilst I read these comments. Has anyone got any advice for me please... and the buyer has said he will give me a written statement or stand up in court to say that he has never approached EW regarding my property
                    As much advice would be massively appreciated
                    Thankyou

Comment

I really feel I need to warn small business owners... We owned a property which we ran a business from for 16 years, the business started failing and we decided to sell. We invited Ernest Wilson estate agents along and because of the professional approach and promises they made we signed up for 6 months... after 6 months (may)not one viewing and only communication was made when I contacted them, we cancelled the no win no fee contract we THOUGHT we had signed. We then received a bill for nearly £1900 for advertising.... We eventually sold in October to a private buyer that already has property along the same area... he saw our day glo advertising with husbands telephone number on... no he had clicked on the advert what ew sent him in the December 16: so we now have to pay £5200 for them doing nothing,, ..as they are allowed to claim commission on the sale because of this, We are innocent in this and had no idea our buyer had done this, but nor did he!! please read all small print we have fallen short because we TRUSTED these conmen,,, gutted

Comment

Might be worth having a read of the Foxton judgment, cant locate actual judgment at the moment, but there are lots of online articles about it. eg https://www.propertyinvestmentprojec...ithout-a-sale/

Comment

Good source of info here- https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/foxtons...umer-landlords
                          - theres a few judgments and orders as it went through the appeal process but all contain useful info
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well blow me down with a feather....can you imagine my joy at finding this site and a post saying sombody had actually got justice with the Ernest Wilson company based in Leeds.
                            I wished I'd known others had been duped regarding various contracts with this company.
                            In 2007 Ernest Wilsons dishonestly claimed they had sold my florist shop. I'd had to put it up for sale during a divorce battle. My daughter was running her little flower business from the building but couldn't raise the total funds . However I only owned the building not the business. I rang to say I was taking it off the market and going to let my daughter have it at a reduced amount. They said a chap had just been in and put 250.00 down as a deposit.
                            I sold the building for half the money to my daughter and Ernest wilsons took me to court for five thousand pounds.
                            Their valuation was way out as I did not own the business just the building but they demanded all the commission.
                            At my divorce hearing my barrister told me he wrote Ernest Wilson's contract and it was air tight .
                            Now 10 years has passed and it looks like Ernest Wilson's path and I are to cross again. In Hipperholme as it looks like the company or one of its representative s may be up to there old tricks ! Hence my search earlier this evening for complaints.
                            Well if your renting a shop in Hipperholme and you hear shortly from your landlord (EW) then fear not.....I have a rather interesting video with sound shot today .
                            Ooops

Comment

Well done! its such a relief to hear that the small business owner can actually win against these agents. my situation with Ernest Wilson is somewhat different to yours as we havnt sold but have received the big bill. I just wondered if you can clarify the points of law outlined by the judge as it may help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X