• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recieved 2 Claim forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recieved 2 Claim forms

Hi,

I posted this in the welcome forum by mistake.

My partner recieved 2 claims forms yesterday, which we believe are older than 6 years.

I just need some advice on what to put in the defense section on the claim form. There are lots of templates to send to creditors regarding old debts, but I am unable to find anything is repsonse to a claim.

Thanks
    MRJ
    Tags: None

Re: Recieved 2 Claim forms

Originally posted by MrMRJ View Post
    Hi,

I posted this in the welcome forum by mistake.

My partner recieved 2 claims forms yesterday, which we believe are older than 6 years.

I just need some advice on what to put in the defense section on the claim form. There are lots of templates to send to creditors regarding old debts, but I am unable to find anything is repsonse to a claim.

Thanks
    MRJ
    Good Morning, welcome to LB,

Have you acknowledged service of the claims?

If not do so asap to give you more time to get a defence together.

If you can please post copies of the claim form (N1) after removing name address and claim number or type in the particulars of claim word for word.

nem

Comment

Hi MrMRJ

At the moment all you need to do is acknowledge the claims and tick the box intend to defend all

Then , depending on what the claims are about will depend how you proceed

You may think that the claims are statute barred but how many of us can remember everything we have paid or written in the last 6 years, I know I can't.

As Nemesis said, it would help if you posted up the exact working of the particulars of claim

Comment

Thank for your reply so. Please see particulars below:

Claim 1 - £2559.27

"The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant under a contract between the defendant and shop direct dated on or about Apr 04 2009 and assigned to the claimant on Aug 12 2013"

Claim 2 - £949.41

"1) the defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with vanquis
        2)the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.
        3)the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 4/8/2013 and notice given to the defendant.
        4)despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £758.71 remains due and outstanding
        And the claimant claims
        A)the said sum of £758.71
        B) interest pursuant to s69 county court act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue. Accruing at a daily rate of £0.166, but limited to one year being £60.70
        C) costs"

In terms of acknowledging the claim, can we do this online? I should of mentioned we go away for 2 weeks in may, so I am concerned about missing any replies/deadlines.

Many Thanks
        MRJ

Comment

Thank for your reply so. Please see particulars below:

Claim 1 - £2559.27

"The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the defendant under a contract between the defendant and shop direct dated on or about Apr 04 2009 and assigned to the claimant on Aug 12 2013"

Claim 2 - £949.41

"1) the defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with vanquis
          2)the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.
          3)the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 4/8/2013 and notice given to the defendant.
          4)despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £758.71 remains due and outstanding
          And the claimant claims
          B) interest pursuant to s69 county court act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue. Accruing at a daily rate of £0.166, but limited to one year being £60.70
          C) costs"

In terms of acknowledging the claim, can we do this online? I should of mentioned we go away for 2 weeks in may, so I am concerned about missing any replies/deadlines.

Many Thanks
          MRJ
          Good morning MrJ,

Yes online acknowledgment on MCOL details are on the court forms.

Are these debt on her credit files? You can check Noddle/Clear Score free online.

Requests for both agreements next (CCA Request) template in the green box above.

A £1.00 statutory fee is payable for each agreement, use a postal order marked " for statutory fee only" and send to the claimant (s) by signed for post.

Then a request under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 for the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim (template above) this goes to the solicitors and there is no fee payable send by signed for post.

Claim 1 Documents are: The agreement and the notice of assignment.

Claim 2 The Regulated agreement, the default notice and the notice of assignment.

Please state name of claimant and the solicitors approach may vary.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Good morning MrJ,

Yes online acknowledgment on MCOL details are on the court forms.

Are these debt on her credit files? You can check Noddle/Clear Score free online.

Requests for both agreements next (CCA Request) template in the green box above.

A £1.00 statutory fee is payable for each agreement, use a postal order marked " for statutory fee only" and send to the claimant (s) by signed for post.

Then a request under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 for the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim (template above) this goes to the solicitors and there is no fee payable send by signed for post.

Claim 1 Documents are: The agreement and the notice of assignment.

Claim 2 The Regulated agreement, the default notice and the notice of assignment.

Please state name of claimant and the solicitors approach may vary.

nem
            Thanks for the update. How long do they have to get that information back to me? As stated we go away May 15th for 2 weeks. What if I go away before I recieve the information? Is there anyway to delay this until we get back in June?

Thanks

Comment

My partner recieved 2 claims forms yesterday.
              What is the claim Issue Date on those forms (top right hand corner)?

You have 33 days from that date to file your Defence unless you agree an extension of time with the other side under CPR 15.5 in which case you (as Defendant) will need to inform the court in writing.

So work out whether that deadline falls on a date when you are away on holiday next month.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                What is the claim Issue Date on those forms (top right hand corner)?

You have 33 days from that date to file your Defence unless you agree an extension of time with the other side under CPR 15.5 in which case you (as Defendant) will need to inform the court in writing.

So work out whether that deadline falls on a date when you are away on holiday next month.

Di
                Issue date is 17th April,, so I make the 20th May. So yes that does fall on a day when we will be away.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the update. How long do they have to get that information back to me? As stated we go away May 15th for 2 weeks. What if I go away before I recieve the information? Is there anyway to delay this until we get back in June?

Thanks
                  CCA Request has a 12 + 2 Working Days Time Scale For Compliance Starting On The Date The Request Is Received, CPR 31. 14 has a nominal 7 days BUT CPR 31.14 my be declined on the grounds that it does not apply to small claims. It does but only until the claim is allocated to SCT.

I suggest you inform the court and the claimants solicitors that you will be away giving the specific dates and request and extension of time to meet court dead lines.

nem

Comment

Good morning MrJ,

The original accounts are not on her credit file, however the comapny that the debt has been sold to is.

The higher amount debt is capquesthe (Restons solicitors limited) the smaller debt Lowell (Lowell Solicitors)

Thanks

Comment

The original accounts are not on her credit file, however the comapny that the debt has been sold to is.

The higher amount debt is capquesthe (Restons solicitors limited) the smaller debt Lowell (Lowell Solicitors)

Thanks
                      What is the default date on each entry?

nem

Comment

Claim 1 - £2559.27

Claim 2 - £949.41

And the claimant claims
                        C) costs"
                        Since you have two claims from two different Claimants, issued by two different solicitors, it would make sense to have two separate threads since these claims won't necessarily travel through legal proceedings at the same speed and/or need the same advice.

Why don't you start a new thread for Claim 2 (Lowells) and leave Claim 1 (Capquest/Restons) here on this thread.

This will avoid any accidental misunderstandings as to which claim needs what advice and when

If you have any problems you can ask @Kati nicely if she'll help you and maybe export any posts on this thread to your other new thread if needed.

Di

Comment

What is the default date on each entry?

nem
                          That's the bit that has thrown me they are both 2013. Will they go from this date for the 6 years?

Comment

I have been thinking about this, and would like to know what your opinion is.

With us going away and other things going on in our life at the minute. We really don't need the hassle of requesting this, meeting this deadline on time...etc

What about if we just accept liability and offer a nominal amount each month £5- £10. I pay all our house old bills and we use my partners account for day to day expenses and food shopping.

If we put on the expenses form as though she pays some of the bills, are the likely to accept a small amount each month for the debt, or will they require proof that she is paying said bills. She doesn't get paid much around £1100 / month so although she is not directly paying council tax / rent etc... she is paying for our other costs.

Thanks

Comment

I don't think you need to throw in the towel just yet.

I know it's a faff dealing with claims but the Beagles will help you every step of the way.

You could file your Defence the day before you go on holiday and then sit back and enjoy your trip.

The court is unlikely to give you an extension of time to file your Defence (a suggestion made in post # 9) just because you're going on holiday so I see no point in asking.

There are letters you can send which will protect your legal position. Send them on Monday.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X