• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court claim from lowell for provident. plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: court claim from lowell for provident. plz help

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    28 calendar days.
    nem
    As I have said it's 33 not 28 calander days.

Di

Comment

28 days + posting / delivery times = 33

Comment

omg which one is it , I'm even more confused now.

Comment

33 includes posting allowance, not a problem

NOTE: The defence date is 28 days from service (ie when you received the claim) or 33 days (which allows 5 days for service) from the issue date printed on the front of the claim form. You can work out the date HERE >>> http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

Take it you have not read:- First Steps it is all at the top of this thread.

Comment

ok so by the 22nd of may is that right as I,m about to put it on my letter.

Comment

Issue date Tuesday, 18 April 2017
              Added 33 days ( 28 days plus 5 for service )
              Result: Sunday, 21 May 2017
              (https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dat...aw=&ad=33&rec=)

So really you want to file the defence by Friday 19 May 4pm latest xxx
              Last edited by Amethyst; 20th April 2017, 12:40:PM. Reason: MATHS !!!!
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If the Defence deadline falls on a weekend or a Bank Holiday then the deadline moves on to 4pm the next working day which is why I stated Monday 22nd.

Di

Comment

Well there we go then, we all learn a little every day 22nd it is
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ok thanks guys, ill put in the post tomorrow.
                    what do u think the likelihood of them getting an agreement is. and I think half of the 5000 pound is interest.

Comment

Originally posted by flicky1314 View Post
                      what do u think the likelihood of them getting an agreement is. and I think half of the 5000 pound is interest.
                      This would have been a doorstep loan. In fact could it have been more than one which they have amalgamated?

The APR was often over 500% so there may be all sorts of issues to explore.

You've said you think you last paid in 2011 so this debt may be touch-and-go Statute Barred.

We've been dealing with some claims recently for old Provident loans where the agent (doorstep collector) didn't always pass on the money collected. Did you have a book which your agent signed when you paid?

Also do you remember how you opened the account (e.g. in your own home)?

What you need to do next is send a Subject Access Request to Provident to get the full history of the account.

Di

Comment

[MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] sorry only just seen your message. I don't have anything regarding agreements, I,m hoping they cant either lol

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] yeah it was a doorstep loan and I think your right it could be a couple of loans together. I,m convinced its statue barred and like I said I checked noddle and its not on there.
                          I opened the account in my own home. where can I get a copy of a s.a.r plz

Comment

@Diana M yeah it was a doorstep loan and I think your right it could be a couple of loans together.
                            Well that may give them a headache since they may have to produce two credit agreements if you opened two separate loans.

We'll see.

Di

Comment

@warwick65 sorry only just seen your message. I don't have anything regarding agreements, I,m hoping they cant either lol
                              No problem

As I said I only know because I had a few of these loans and more by luck than judgement I still had one when I sent a CCA request off.

Lowell had amalgamated 3 loans into one , they managed to send me the front three pages of all 3 but were unable to send the terms and conditions. To be honest they were hard enough to read on the original let alone if they had photocopied them

If they only send the fronts you should be OK

I know why they litigate these-because most people don't fight them - but I am hoping for the best for you

As you say it is 5 K- worth looking into trying to get some legal advice if it looks like it might go all the way

the forum will do all it can for you but as has been said on many occasion , the devil is in the detail.
                              [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] The interest rate on standard provident loans was about a flat 58%ish I think . £3 a week for 53 weeks on every £100 borrowed

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                                @Diana M The interest rate on standard provident loans was about a flat 58%ish I think . £3 a week for 53 weeks on every £100 borrowed
                                On their website today they're quoting the following example >

Representative example: £270 loan over 26 weeks. 26 payments of £16.20 per week. Rate of interest 112% p.a. fixed.
                                Representative 535.3% APR.
                                Total amount payable £421.20.

They then say comfortingly >

Loans can be repaid over a period of 13 to 52 weeks depending on the loan term chosen at application. The maximum APR for a loan is 1557.7%.

Holy Mackerel!

Di

* source: https://www.providentpersonalcredit....FfYy0wodjWEFug

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X