• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court claim from lowell for provident. plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: court claim from lowell for provident. plz help

Hi guys. I posted the defence it was received on Monday. Today I received a letter from Lowell solicitor. It says

We confirm receipt of your letter dated 9th April 2017. Please be advised that this was not received at our offices until 15th may 2017. I don't even know what letter they are taking about. I never sent a letter. Why would I send a letter before I have had the court letter ??

A letter was sent to you on the 3rd may 2017 in response to your letter dated 20 April 2017 ( this was cpr request)

We have requested a copy of the agreement. Statement of account and default notice. These will be forwarded to you upon receipt. The account will remain on hold until such time these documents are received.
    We note that you have filed the acknowledgement of service in regards to the claim. This provides a further 28 days from the service date of the claim, in this case being 24 April 2017 for you to file your response to the claim form. Please ensure you fine your response to the claim within the timeframe specified as failure to do so may result in a county court judgement in default being entered against you, with the terms set out by court.

Well what does it all mean. Do i do anything ??

Comment

another nonsece letter from the thrash machine- to un settle you - the office idiot on the loose

seriously nothing is on hold once a court case started by them ignore that remark of theirs the court sets time table not lowells, await next court instructions in proceedure they have 28 days to respond to your defence from receipt, or case gets stayed keep updates on here

Comment

Ok thanks [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION]. A bit confused as to what letter they are referring to. I'll keep you updated.

Comment

Keep that (today's) letter safe.
          Your defence was due Mon 22nd May, not 24th April as stated by them.
          An indication of, if not outright incompetence, certainly a lack of their due dil.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] thanks hun. I've put it safe. They totally confused me lol.

Comment

Don't let them confuse you, I have had so many meaningless letters from them, once they said they would not send me documents I hadn't asked for.

As Mike and Charity have said, file them ( and no, not in the bin)

Comment

[MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] hahaha no I won't put them in the bin yet lol. Thanks for your advice

Comment

Hi guys well I didn't hear anything back from anyone. But just returned from holiday yesterday after two weeks to find a mediation firm to fill in and send back to the court from Lowell.

What do i do as I've not had any documention from Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by flicky1314 View Post
                    Hi guys well I didn't hear anything back from anyone. But just returned from holiday yesterday after two weeks to find a mediation firm to fill in and send back to the court from Lowell.
                    I'm not sure what you mean by a "Mediation" form sent by Lowells, but is it a copy of their Directions Questionnaire which they filed at court?

If so then you can expect to be sent a DQ to complete by the court too. Ring the court to check since you've been away for two weeks - you don't want to miss any court deadlines.

Your DQ would be sent by the court with a covering letter not by Lowells.

Di

PS I haven't been able to read back through your long thread so I'm not fully aware of what stage this claim has reached.

Comment

Hi sorry for the delay. Yrs it's a directions questionnaire. Do i fill it in. What do i put ? They still haven't provided any proof the debt is mine. This is a copy of theirs. I haven't had one from the court yet

Comment

Fill it in as is right for you and include any dates when you know you may not be available for court. Also tick yes to mediation because it does show willing even if they haven't provided everything.

mediation is also a time when if you felt it in your best interest you could arrange a repayment plan without it being seen by the judge . You would also not get a ccj

Comment

[MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] there isn't anywhere to fill in. The form that I've got is a copy of theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by flicky1314 View Post
                            @warwick65 there isn't anywhere to fill in. The form that I've got is a copy of theirs.
                            You can call the court to see if one has been sent to you but lost in the post.

Sometimes a Claimant/solicitor will serve their DQ on you but fail to inform the court they intend to continue with the proceedings by the deadline so the claim becomes stayed.

Di

Comment

Ok thanks I'll give the court a ring today

Comment

Hi guys well had my directions questionnaire from the court yesterday. What do i do. Fill it out and send it back even though Lowell haven't complied with anything I've asked. A little annoyed to say the least why would I go to mediation for a debt they haven't proved is mine . Sorry for the rant xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X