Thread: Mortimer Clarke / Northampton County court business centre

• Display

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Default Mortimer Clarke / Northampton County court business centre

Hi

I have been issued with a CCJ from Northampton county court. After weeks of dealing with Mortimer Clarke who I've told time and time again I'm in financial difficulty yet refuse to accept my offer of weekly payment.

I now have this CCJ which needs to be dealt with, it states forthwith on if that means anything, but I've not got the funds to clear the debt in 1 lump sum. What can I do if anything. I have sent another offer of payment to Mortimer Clarke who are named as the company I need to make payment too.

I'm starting to get really worried that i'm going to have Bailiffs knocking on my door. Even after trying to resolve this issue with a company that seem to have no interest in listening to offers.

The debt is from an old JD Williams account which I fell behind on. Started making payments via a debt collector however due to further financial difficulties I couldn't pay. The outstanding balance stands at £503

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Default Re: Mortimer Clarke / Northampton County court business centre

Quote Originally Posted by Mart7379 View Post
    Hi

I have been issued with a CCJ from Northampton county court. After weeks of dealing with Mortimer Clarke who I've told time and time again I'm in financial difficulty yet refuse to accept my offer of weekly payment.

I now have this CCJ which needs to be dealt with, it states forthwith on if that means anything, but I've not got the funds to clear the debt in 1 lump sum. What can I do if anything. I have sent another offer of payment to Mortimer Clarke who are named as the company I need to make payment too.

I'm starting to get really worried that i'm going to have Bailiffs knocking on my door. Even after trying to resolve this issue with a company that seem to have no interest in listening to offers.

The debt is from an old JD Williams account which I fell behind on. Started making payments via a debt collector however due to further financial difficulties I couldn't pay. The outstanding balance stands at £503
    @Mart7379
    Good morning welcome to LB,

Did you receive a letter before claim from Mortimer Clarke and then a claim pack with various forms e.g. claim form N1?

If you have then did you acknowledge service of the claim and enter a defence?

nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Hi,
    yes i received everything from the court, and went on the website shown on the pack to admit liability and acknowledge it. I didn't send the pack back as I emailed everything to the claim team at Northampton court, including an in depth Income and Expenditure assuming it would be dealt with quicker, but never had a response, and kind of forgot about it until the letter and CCJ Forthwith dropped through my letterbox. I've never been in this situation before so didn't know how to proceed, I probably should of got some advice from here, or CAB. Could maybe say I stuck my head in the sand and hoped it would go away...... Worst thing to do obviously.

I have just got home today to find another letter from Mortimer Clarke which says the following (word for word)

'As we received no response to the claim via the documentation provided by the court, we have entered Judgement forthwith. Alternatively, please complete and return the enclosed income and expenditure form so that our client can assess your financial situation'.

Am I now right in thinking they are happy to make an arrangement on a weekly basis, which has been offered all along, before it even went to court?

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mart7379 View Post
    Hi,
    yes i received everything from the court, and went on the website shown on the pack to admit liability and acknowledge it. I didn't send the pack back as I emailed everything to the claim team at Northampton court, including an in depth Income and Expenditure assuming it would be dealt with quicker, but never had a response, and kind of forgot about it until the letter and CCJ Forthwith dropped through my letterbox. I've never been in this situation before so didn't know how to proceed, I probably should of got some advice from here, or CAB. Could maybe say I stuck my head in the sand and hoped it would go away...... Worst thing to do obviously.

I have just got home today to find another letter from Mortimer Clarke which says the following (word for word)

'As we received no response to the claim via the documentation provided by the court, we have entered Judgement forthwith. Alternatively, please complete and return the enclosed income and expenditure form so that our client can assess your financial situation'.

Am I now right in thinking they are happy to make an arrangement on a weekly basis, which has been offered all along, before it even went to court?
    In think you are right weekly or monthly payments will be acceptable But do not enter into any payment by Direct Debit use a standing order so you have control completely.

nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.