• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke / Northampton County court business centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke / Northampton County court business centre

Hi

I have been issued with a CCJ from Northampton county court. After weeks of dealing with Mortimer Clarke who I've told time and time again I'm in financial difficulty yet refuse to accept my offer of weekly payment.

I now have this CCJ which needs to be dealt with, it states forthwith on if that means anything, but I've not got the funds to clear the debt in 1 lump sum. What can I do if anything. I have sent another offer of payment to Mortimer Clarke who are named as the company I need to make payment too.

I'm starting to get really worried that i'm going to have Bailiffs knocking on my door. Even after trying to resolve this issue with a company that seem to have no interest in listening to offers.

The debt is from an old JD Williams account which I fell behind on. Started making payments via a debt collector however due to further financial difficulties I couldn't pay. The outstanding balance stands at £503
    Tags: None

Re: Mortimer Clarke / Northampton County court business centre

Originally posted by Mart7379 View Post
    Hi

I have been issued with a CCJ from Northampton county court. After weeks of dealing with Mortimer Clarke who I've told time and time again I'm in financial difficulty yet refuse to accept my offer of weekly payment.

I now have this CCJ which needs to be dealt with, it states forthwith on if that means anything, but I've not got the funds to clear the debt in 1 lump sum. What can I do if anything. I have sent another offer of payment to Mortimer Clarke who are named as the company I need to make payment too.

I'm starting to get really worried that i'm going to have Bailiffs knocking on my door. Even after trying to resolve this issue with a company that seem to have no interest in listening to offers.

The debt is from an old JD Williams account which I fell behind on. Started making payments via a debt collector however due to further financial difficulties I couldn't pay. The outstanding balance stands at £503
    [MENTION=100722]Mart7379[/MENTION]
    Good morning welcome to LB,

Did you receive a letter before claim from Mortimer Clarke and then a claim pack with various forms e.g. claim form N1?

If you have then did you acknowledge service of the claim and enter a defence?

nem

Comment

Hi,
      yes i received everything from the court, and went on the website shown on the pack to admit liability and acknowledge it. I didn't send the pack back as I emailed everything to the claim team at Northampton court, including an in depth Income and Expenditure assuming it would be dealt with quicker, but never had a response, and kind of forgot about it until the letter and CCJ Forthwith dropped through my letterbox. I've never been in this situation before so didn't know how to proceed, I probably should of got some advice from here, or CAB. Could maybe say I stuck my head in the sand and hoped it would go away...... Worst thing to do obviously.

I have just got home today to find another letter from Mortimer Clarke which says the following (word for word)

'As we received no response to the claim via the documentation provided by the court, we have entered Judgement forthwith. Alternatively, please complete and return the enclosed income and expenditure form so that our client can assess your financial situation'.

Am I now right in thinking they are happy to make an arrangement on a weekly basis, which has been offered all along, before it even went to court?

Comment

Originally posted by Mart7379 View Post
        Hi,
        yes i received everything from the court, and went on the website shown on the pack to admit liability and acknowledge it. I didn't send the pack back as I emailed everything to the claim team at Northampton court, including an in depth Income and Expenditure assuming it would be dealt with quicker, but never had a response, and kind of forgot about it until the letter and CCJ Forthwith dropped through my letterbox. I've never been in this situation before so didn't know how to proceed, I probably should of got some advice from here, or CAB. Could maybe say I stuck my head in the sand and hoped it would go away...... Worst thing to do obviously.

I have just got home today to find another letter from Mortimer Clarke which says the following (word for word)

'As we received no response to the claim via the documentation provided by the court, we have entered Judgement forthwith. Alternatively, please complete and return the enclosed income and expenditure form so that our client can assess your financial situation'.

Am I now right in thinking they are happy to make an arrangement on a weekly basis, which has been offered all along, before it even went to court?
        In think you are right weekly or monthly payments will be acceptable But do not enter into any payment by Direct Debit use a standing order so you have control completely.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X