• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot financial ltd + mortimer clarke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabot financial ltd + mortimer clarke

hi all

hope you can help me out i got a letter from cabot on the 20th of march saying they are passing on my claim in relation to a capital one card to mortimer clarke in 14 days if they do not hear from me so on the 25th of march i send a cca request with 1 pound postal order and tracked and signed for from royal mail i never heard back from cabot with in a week i get a letter from mortimer clarke saying they are taking me to a smalls claim court

today i receive a claim form for county court from mortimer clarke issued from the 13 of april

can somebody please tell me what to do i have no clue thanks
    Tags: None

Re: cabot financial ltd + mortimer clarke

Hello

When did you open this Capital One account, could it have been before April 2007?

You've got off to a good start by sending a CCA Request.

How much is the claim so it's clear whether it will be allocated to the Small Claims Court or the Fast Track?

Can you type up the Particulars of Claim removing anything which could identify you.

You need to login to MCOL to file your Acknowledgement of Service stating that you intend to defend all of the claim. This must be done within 19 days of the claim Issue Date.

You'll also need to send a CPR 31.14 Request to Mortimer Clarke but one step at a time.

Di

Comment

When you've digested all that you need to send a Subject Access Request to Capital One to get the full history of your account.

This forum has template letters to help members so feel free to ask for a link to what you need.

Di

Comment

i dont know when i opened the account but on letter they say around 11/02/2015 and the claim is for 297.54 plus court fee of 25.00 and legal representative 50.00 total off 372.54

particulars of claim

by an agreement between capital one bank (europe) plc & the defendant on or around 11/02/2015 (the agreement) capital one bank (europe) plc agreed to issue the defendant with a credit card.the defendant failed to make the minimal payments due & the agreement was terminated. the agreement was assigned to the claimant. the claimant therefore claims 297.54

i have now logged in to MCOL and put in a request of Acknowledgement of Service stating that you intend to defend all of the claim

also can i send a CPR 31.14 Request to Mortimer Clarke by email or does it have to be by post

thanks for the reply
        Last edited by troubleuk; 20th April 2017, 00:14:AM.

Comment

Cpr 31.14 request have to be by post with a signature I believe

You want to ask for
          The agreement
          Notice of termination
          Notice of assignment
          Deed of assignment

( I see the claim does not mention the default notice- if it does but you forgot to include it above , then add it into the CPR request)
          In your CPR request I would mention that you sent a S78 request to the claimant and they have not responded

There is no fee for the CPR request but send it by Royal Mail signed for ( costs about £1.70)

It would help if you could also send the SAR to capital one

Remember , you are now on the courts timescale so your defence needs putting in within 33 days of the date on the claim form- even if anyone tells you it is on hold- still do it.

Comment

hi warwick

the claim does not mention default notice
            should i send a photocopy with my CPR request of the proof of posting and postal order receipt for the CCA request
            the letter i am sending i am just asking for the agreement as that what is mentioned on the claim.
            should i ask for all 4 things you have listed

thanks

Comment

Tbh it doesn't hurt to ask for all of them, although it's likely they'd reply that they arent mentioned, and you couldn't apply to enforce the request in court ( other than for the agreement ), but they SHOULD have mentioned them as they are required for them to enforce the debt so it does make your hand stronger in your defence later.

( so yes ask for all of them, basically lol)

Oh and yes send a copy & pop for the CCA xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

should i also send a copy of the original of the CCA i sent to cabot or just send the proof of postage and proof of postal order

and also how do i go about sending a SAR to capital one
                thanks
                Last edited by troubleuk; 20th April 2017, 16:04:PM.

Comment

anybody able to help as i want to send the CPR request tomorrow

thank

Comment

Originally posted by troubleuk View Post

thank
                    I would just send a copy of the CCA although no harm in adding a page showing proof of delivery

Remember MC are a bunch of barclays bankers who will no doubt lie, lie and lie a bit more in their dealings with you.

Ok they may not exactly lie just stretch the truth.

There latest line seems to be when a claim is stayed
                    'We will recommend to our clients to apply for your defence to be struck out'

They can recommend all they like

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request

First Steps

Comment

Subject access request

[Your full name and address and any other details to help identify you and the information you want.]

Please supply the information about me I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to: [give specific details of the information you want, for example

· your personnel file;
                        · emails between ‘A’ and ‘B’ (between 1/6/11 and 1/9/11);
                        · your medical records (between 2006 & 2009) held by Dr ‘C’ at ‘D’ hospital;
                        · CCTV camera situated at (‘E’ location) on 23/5/12 between 11am and 5pm;
                        · copies of statements (between 2006 & 2009) held in account number xxxxx).

If you need any more information from me, or a fee, please let me know as soon as possible.

It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at ico.org.uk

Adjust to your case:-

Comment

Originally posted by troubleuk View Post
                          I'm with Amethyst on this one.

Ask for everything including the kitchen sink.

If you don't ask you don't get.

We expect them to say "No" so what have you got to lose by asking.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Tbh it doesn't hurt to ask for all of them, although it's likely they'd reply that they arent mentioned, and you couldn't apply to enforce the request in court ( other than for the agreement ), but they SHOULD have mentioned them as they are required for them to enforce the debt so it does make your hand stronger in your defence later.

( so yes ask for all of them, basically lol)
                          Di

Comment

here is my CPR request

Dear Sirs,

Claim Number:

Request for the
                            Agreement,Notice of termination,Notice of assignment,Deed of assignment,
                            mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On 13/04/2017 I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of the

1. Agreement / Contract
                            2. Default Notice
                            3. Assignment
                            4. Formal Demand

you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on 20 APRIL 2017.

1. Agreement / Contract
                            In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim. I , as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you will have to produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.

For your information and records I enclose a copy of the formal request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which has been posted to your client with the statutory fee of £1 on the 25 MARCH 2017.

Also proof of receipt and the postal order that will be included with this letter

i Still have not received my CCA request from CABOT

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

will this be ok to send and also should i include a photocopy of the the CCA request i sent to cobot
                            Last edited by troubleuk; 20th April 2017, 22:35:PM. Reason: edited some text

Comment

well i sent of the CPR request today but i didn't put Mortimer address on the CPR letter just CABOTS does it matter

also sent off a SAR to capital one

do i sit back and wait to hear from them or should i be doing something else

@nemesis45
                              Last edited by troubleuk; 22nd April 2017, 01:36:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X