• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The General Election Thread 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The General Election Thread 2017

staff told to reject 80% of mandatory reconsiderations
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ponse.pdf.html

whatdotheyknow.com
    The tories are at it again. The nasty party in action

Comment

staff told to reject 80% of mandatory reconsiderations
      https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ponse.pdf.html

whatdotheyknow.com
      The tories are at it again. The nasty party in action

Comment

Here's the LibDems manifesto: http://www.libdems.org.uk/manifesto
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I understand why May called the election -pretty sure she is going to win and wants a couple of years after we leave Europe to ‘mop up’,
          I was delighted when Jeremy won the Labour party leadership as I thought we could finally see a difference between the two parties. Now I have to admit he is off his rocker! I have always fought for Private health to be a non-taxable employee benefit now mad Jerry wants to up the tax on PH to……wait for it…. offer free car parking at NHS hospitals.
          Now, first of all, making PH non-taxable either direct or indirect, would encourage more employees to opt for it as part of their package. This would reduce the burden on the NHS. Secondly, most NHS hospitals in England have contracted out their car parking or sold off the parking area. Thirdly…. I live in Wales where it is free anyway!
          I do have a soft spot for the Lib Dems but as I said before it is about what my local chap can do for me and my area.
          However, and I do not mean to play my old tune on a very worn out fiddle….it will need some very clever people to steer us through the economic nightmare we face due to Brexit. Sure, many laughed and scoffed when we said companies would leave, companies that provide billions to the treasure but, well, as predicted JP Morgan just bought a building in Dublin and other big employers including Goldman Sachs admit they are looking to move jobs to other EU locations and they are just 2 of the many. I am afraid I only see the Tories as the party with the right people for this very tricky task.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
          ~ Anonymous

Comment

Conservative party manifesto: https://www.conservatives.com/manifesto

- - - Updated - - -

Plaid Cymru manifesto: http://www2.partyof.wales/actionplan17

Comment

Just read the headlines re last nights debate with the minority party leaders the main thing to come out is the fact that all but one does not want Brexit dispite it being the will of the people do they not understand democracy?
              Can we expect them to agree to another vote by the loser in their constituencies after the next vote?

Comment

Comment

I'll bet he felt a right ti......twerp!
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

There is soooo much to talk about here. The fall of the UKiP vote, the rise of the Tories in Scotland and the relatively disastrous night for the SNP(had they kept most of their seats Jeremy Corbyn would have been PM). Theresa took a leap and someone forgot to tell her how far it was to the ground.

Corbyn will be PM when we have another election. It will also be difficult for her to get through any legislation because of how small the majority will be with the DUP.

Comment

It all depends on what the DUP want and if she is prepared to give.

What I really can't stand about her ( apart from the fact she's a Tory with no thought about people in real need) is her style which really does make Blair look like a consensus politician.

Comment

Theresa May did not connect with voters. I'm afraid we do have politicians these days who are good politicians but are terrible leaders in this era.
                        She is one of them and lead a terrible campaign. Corbyn became more likeable with each TV appearance...

Comment

Thought this was funny, plus this from BBC:

Meanwhile the senior Conservative Nigel Evans - already on record for criticising the party's election manifesto Mr Timothy had helped draw up, saying it contained "everything except euthanasia for the over 70s".
                          Attached Files

Comment

heard she is in the background room with dress sense companies, they are trying to get rid of the sack bag effect she wears, also the Bra companies like "Wonderbra", are looking for a drab uplift to replace the belt she wears on her upper torso, dress sense like her leadership = no hope!

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                              Thought this was funny, plus this from BBC:
                              Will they send a message- C U next Tuesday?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	im-sick-of-s28eru.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1174519
                                Last edited by Crazy council; 11th June 2017, 12:39:PM.
                                crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X