• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The General Election Thread 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The General Election Thread 2017

In some ways I hope we don't see the collapse of ukip because they take a lot of Tory votes however sadly they also take some labour votes.

I think we we may see tactical voting.

There me is a huge amount to be won or lost over the next month

Comment

What would the tactical voting be aiming for though ? As I see it there isn't really a viable alternative to letting May just get on with things and try make the best of the bloody mess Cameron got us into by trying to appease and point prove (in my opinion of course). I simply can't imagine Jeremy dealing with that, and I don't think he would get the right priorities sorted. Realistically it's just not going to result in a Lib Dem PM ( wishywashy ) or a UKIP PM so the choice is May or Corbyn. So there's no choice.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

That's the problem, anyone but corbyn and perhaps we might have a tighter race but Corbyn fought a leadership election in 2015, fought it again in 2016 and will finally be shown the door by the electorate in just over 6 weeks time.

Interesting to see which way they go next...They put their right foot in(and got elected) and then took it out, they put their left foot in(and come across as completely unelectable but yet more people join their membership) and when he's out, the question is WHO could be leader(I think their deputy has come across well but he's not a leader).

Anyone think some big set of Balls might come in?
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Corbyns latest bribe, looking after NHS staff, such a shame he's a total waste of space and untrustworthy. Voted labour all my life bar a couple of blips, totally bemused now.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            Corbyns latest bribe, looking after NHS staff, such a shame he's a total waste of space and untrustworthy. Voted labour all my life bar a couple of blips, totally bemused now.
            All of them claim to protect the NHS and pensioners becuase there the 2 larges voting groups. But seem to attack the sh*t out of the under 25s, who will be the group paying for it eventualy.

What interest me, is the polititions that get told to go into hiding whilst the elections going on,
            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

I usually stick to grilling my local selection as they are the ones who I will be pestering! I tell you, I would love to have Dennis Skinner on this patch! I don’t even wait for them to come knocking on my door -to be fair by I live in the AH of nowhere so it is unlikely – I go to them and if they have been rubbish I tell them they have lost my support Click image for larger version

Name:	ass-kicking.gif
Views:	2
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1174119and I will be urging everyone to get rid of them. I tell other candidates that if they promise something and do not deliver I will make their life a misery and remind them they will be working for me and I pay their wages. They know this and it is important we take this opportunity to tell them WE know it too and we are watching. I am not too bothered about the big picture as, to be fair, it never seems to swing too much from one side to the other. It’s the local person, the one who I pick and who represents my interests, who I scrutinise.
              The funny thing is…. does anyone else notice a certain amount of apathy among the politicians themselves? Now I have watched these campaigns all my adult life (ages) and I know there will be drum beating and heated debates but, I don’t know, it’s as if …dare I say… no one really wants it!
              Attached Files

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
              ~ Anonymous

Comment

Well, we're at the last weekend for campaigning for the first set of elections next Thursday.

Isle of Man MP was shamed by a 16 year old over comments on homosexuality, so that Tory MP will not be standing as an MP.

UKIP are going into this election with zero MP's and to be honest, the 3.9 million votes they got are unlikely to come in on this occasion. I know one vote that UKIP are not getting at this election .

Paul Nuttal is standing in a Tory seat where there was a 73% leave vote. Well, just cos people voted that way in a yes or no vote does not mean that they will support you on a multi platform policy election.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                  I hear that the beast is actually a very good MP is that right?
                  But like Corbyn useless at anything else. Doesn't useless sum up most Labour MP's?

Comment

Originally posted by spirit2534 View Post
                    But like Corbyn useless at anything else. Doesn't useless sum up most Labour MP's?
                    Maybe you should look at Conservative MPs

It is not 30 Labour MPs that are being investigated

It is not our PM that voted against gay marriage - even though it is enshrined in legislation- just another bit of Tory bigotry and hypocrisy

There you go, I'll sit on the fence

Comment

Well again we have been bamboozled by the cons imo. Cameron started it then went awol, left the witch in charge and she calls a general election for what to prove I have no idea. All she has proven to me is she is not up to the job at all. yet another smoke screen to take our minds of the most important thing to happen to our country in 40 odd years, common sense and not the common market. She's on about all pulling together well lets start at the top eh! sick to death of petty name calling, lies, deceit and promises that can never be kept.
                      From what was said by the EU yesterday we have no chance of any trade deals until they are happy our borders are left open and agree to the billions they want for the divorce settlement.
                      Well there you go no deal is better than a bad deal the witch has stated so I say NO DEAL and let em know soon.

Comment

Diane Abbott banging another nail in Labour's coffin.

Comment

Something in the news in regards to a protest in regards to Family issues. A protester(I do know the name) was on the roof of Ed Timpson, who is minister for vulnerable children, in a protest over forced adoption(non consensual adoption).

http://uknip.co.uk/2017/05/protester...mp-ed-timpson/

Comment

General Election: Jeremy Corbyn vows to 'ruin' the Tories

Mr Corbyn addressed a major rally in Manchester in front of his new battle bus and surrounded by banners promoting nationalised railways, a peaceful world and a funded NHS....
                            lol, all he would have to do is join them, hes got form for it, hes ruined Labour
                            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

No one likes spin but opinion is nice. In the next week we are expecting election manifestos to come out.
                              The only one I have so far is for party that is fielding 8 candidates. The Women's Equality Party manifesto is out and here it is: https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1494600051

Comment

Ok here is the Labour Party Manifesto: http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/manifesto2017

If any of your guys follows politics in Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland then by all means post up their parties manifestos when they come out. I'm still looking for Monster Raving Loony Party(their manifesto will contain policies that will seem normal in about 20 years time ).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X